The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: 4:3: To Do Or Not To Do!
01 Nov 2013, 12:30
Can you hold on till the end of the year to see if your new WOE does decrease your 'girls' before making a New Year's Resolution either way?
01 Nov 2013, 12:48
Brilliant avatar nursebean!
01 Nov 2013, 13:10
Why thank you...he's a pretty cute bean isn't he!!

Well I've just emailed my consultant's secretary with my worries so I'll see what happens. I'm guessing I'll end up postponing the op. Not sure if that'll please me or not. I'm just so impatient!
01 Nov 2013, 13:27
I think postponing is a good idea. I've lost a cup size and they are saggier :-(. I imagine once I'm at my ideal weight I'll still want a reduction, as you probably will, but at least if you wait until then you can get any loose skin removed and you'll have a much better result long term and that's worth an extra 12 month wait IMO.
03 Nov 2013, 07:21
I think its unanimous on the board.. Delay delay delay

maybe you wont need surgery.

(im a bit of an anti-surgery nut so a bit biased) but to be sure.. delay.. did i say delay?
03 Nov 2013, 09:09
Hmmm I'm not sure but I get the feeling I should probably delay! :oops: however, I really don't think these huge bowling balls are going anywhere on their own. I think they're gonna need some help. Anyway, I've got an extra appointment with the consultant tomorrow night (hope I don't have to pay extra for that :bugeyes: ) so I'll see what he has to say. I must just add, though...it would be so great to be free of them for Christmas. Think of all the new tops I'll have to buy...sigh!qq
03 Nov 2013, 09:55
I don't have the same problem as you @nursebean but I can well understand why you want the op. I've always been an A cup but when I put the weight on it went up to a B, I thought that was a good thing but it didn't make me look any better as the rest of me was much bigger too. Now that I've taken the weight off I'm down to an A cup again and even that small cup loss makes me feel so much more comfortable. I can't imagine what it must be like for you and others carrying all that weight around in front of you.

That said, if I had the same problem I would wait a while. How will you know how much to get rid of when you don't know what affect this WOE will have on your boobs after getting to your goal weight? You could aim for the perfect size and end up without needing a bra at all or just have a little removed and still be too big.

Such a hard choice for you, I hope your talk with your consultant will help you to decide what is best. Good luck nursebean whatever you decide.
52 posts Page 4 of 4