The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

46 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: *Awesome August*
07 Aug 2013, 14:39
Ditto for me Betsygr8 I too am down similar now size 14 and some 12.

I would love to join you all this month with the aim to be at my goal for Aussie spring 1st September with a couple of kg to melt away
07 Aug 2013, 15:05
Some really positive messages here, Awesome Augusteers! Or perhaps we should be august Augusteers!
07 Aug 2013, 15:14
I would like to join, too!

I was on a plateau throughout June and July - expected and tolerated because I had much stress and vacations in that time. I was happy NOT to gain and to continue to fast on my fast days consistently, even if my 'feed' days were crazy.

In the last 3 weeks, I've converted to 36 hour liquid-only-fasts and already feel a difference in my energy level and over-all sense of well-being. Kids are heading back to school so schedule and life are getting back to 'normal'.

I would love to get below 155# by the end of the month - it will take a 5 pound loss for me.

Good luck to all!!
27 Aug 2013, 11:22
Oh dear, I was feeling rather guilty as I haven't been here (Awesome August) for ages and it seems that nobody else has either since the end of the first week! :frown:

I'm still on maintenance, I weighed this morning and I've put on 2 lb but my waist measurement is now just under the 50%. So it's good and bad, I'll be fitting in two fasts this week to get back to my maintenance weight.

Only four more days left till the end of the month, I hope everyone else has had better results on the scales than me. Good luck :clover:
27 Aug 2013, 11:26
Looks like most people are still on their Awesome August Holidays! I have had an Awesome August so far, with losing half a kilo during my holiday and even improved weightloss so that I've lost as much in the two weeks since getting back as I was managing per month beforehand!
27 Aug 2013, 11:35
Well done Caroline :smile: :grin:

This must be one of the worst months for fasting, probably as bad as December when most of us will be stopping 5:2 over the holidays, so really Awesome!
:like: :clover: :like:
27 Aug 2013, 14:58
I hit my goal weight- and zipped past it last week! I am working out what my maintenance will be now. Starting with fasting 2 days until supper and not counting the calories after that.

Good luck everyone on your journey! :heart:
27 Aug 2013, 18:56
Wow Debbiejgb, August was certainly Awesome for you. :victory:

Maintenance is more difficult than I expected, I feel as if I'm constantly juggling with my weight trying to keep it level. At the moment I'm doing one fast per week but I wasn't pleased with the 2 lb gain. I'm thinking of a half fast where I eat about 800/1000 calories on one day plus one normal fast each week, sort of 5:1.5 (or 5.5:1.5) if that makes sense. I'll see how it goes.

So, well done getting below your goal weight and good luck with the juggling.
:like: :clover: :like:
27 Aug 2013, 22:21
August has been fine, I did put on 1.5 lb when on holiday but it is gone again after a couple of fast days. So far I find I need my 2days fasting to counteract the 5feed days to maintain my weight. I am quite happy with that :lol: I don't mind the fasting and very much enjoy being more relaxed on the other 5days :like: . here's to What :?: Spectacular September.
28 Aug 2013, 06:43
I keep losing centimeters everywhere! 'Tis awesome for me this August! :)

:star:
28 Aug 2013, 14:21
Weight hasn't gone down much this month though I did see a new low, I'm hovering just a pound above it. lol Fitbit arrived and I was making great strides at getting my 10,000 daily steps til my knees reminded me that they really don't like walking on the uneven pavement in the neighborhood. Took a few days off to let them repair. So, now that the knees aren't sore I will take baby steps at increasing my daily steps. Ready to move onto a Spectacular September! :)
28 Aug 2013, 16:15
Well done LittleJoy! :like:

Mental picture of centimeters rolling across the floor, sulking under furniture and desperately trying to attach themselves to the nearest person - in my mind they are little white globes marked out in millimeters. :lol:

Betsysgr8, glad your knees are better. :smile:

After reading your comment I looked up Fitbit on Amazon but they are so expensive, I'll just carry on walking the dog and try to go a bit further when I can.
31 Aug 2013, 16:32
August - glad to see the back of it! Awful, not awesome I reckon...
One decent parkrun performance at the start, then fell off bike (at a standstill) and broke wrist just before a week in Malta, the clearest warmest water you could wish for, with a plaster cast on my arm. OK, only on the spare arm but still not fun. Not allowed to drive or bike either. Came back without putting on any weight despite huge breakfasts but then lost a couple of pounds over the next 2 days - so now below target. Where do I want to put some fat back, I wonder - or have I just been digesting my unusable arm?
Back to walking & jogging - one slow parkrun, lots of OK walking then tried to keep up with club members one evening last week - and limped home with severe hip pain. Still limping, ran even slower today, hate it. Cast comes off on Thursday, hope September will be more Spectacular than Awful!

Edit: And of course, to rub it in the weather in UK has been better than in years - with me unable to do much more than lie in the sun! :frown:
31 Aug 2013, 19:47
Not so awesome for me this month. My weight loss has slowed drastically to only 1.5lbs this month. I am keeping a better eye on my normal days eating and I am now using the Hairy dieters cookbook to make fast days more interesting. I've had lots of water weight this month, I haven't seen my ankles for much more than a handful of days.

Healthwise its not been good either. I have developed severe sciatica, on top of the neck prolapse I have. The pain is so severe even the heavy duty stuff I take for the prolapse doesn't work. And, on top of all that, I've been forwarded for an urgent mammogram, hopefully its not anything bad.

We have also had to put our much loved Casper cat to sleep as he had a very fast acting cancer.

A last weigh in tomorrow, I'm hoping that a couple of coffee's will induce some water loss and kick the scales back into a downward slide.
31 Aug 2013, 20:24
How do these duplicate posts happen? Sorry folks :frown:

Ballerina x :heart:
46 posts Page 3 of 4