The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Back to back fasts advice
16 Nov 2014, 13:58
JennyH10 wrote: Tonight though I just can't seem to control my eating. I've had half a bottle of red wine, loads of crisps and nuts, some sweets etc on top of a calorific dinner, I don't know what's wrong with me, proper munchies!! I genuinely have not felt deprived at all this week, I've not struggled with my fasts (although yesterday's fast was carb heavy - poor snacking) and I've enjoyed my eating out whilst not going OTT. Arrrggghhhhh self-sabotage rears it's ugly head yet again :curse:

Or maybe your body is rebelling against your temporary very strict regime? Especially as you say you've not been feeling too well also.
16 Nov 2014, 15:07
JennyH10 wrote: So I'm halfway through my crazy two weeks. I am run down and exhausted and mad busy ...
Tonight though I just can't seem to control my eating...I genuinely have not felt deprived at all this week, I've not struggled with my fasts (although yesterday's fast was carb heavy - poor snacking) and I've enjoyed my eating out whilst not going OTT. Arrrggghhhhh self-sabotage rears it's ugly head yet again :curse:

Outside the 5:2 Genesis protocol or similar (e.g., several days at least between the fasts), my observation is that I've never seen anyone post a long-term report that supports B2B fasts scheduled as you did them - particularly not in the context of a busy period in life with additional stressors such as tiredness or feeling run down. When people report back (if they do - so this reduces the number of my observations) they always mention that they experienced over-eating episodes such as the one that you describe.

I wonder if, on balance, as and P-JK suggests, it's better for people to opt to maintain rather than 'make up' for it when there are additional complexities. I wonder if B2B fasts need a very regular life/schedule?

NB: as previously, I'm distinguishing protocols such as the Genesis 5:2 from the use of B2B as outlined in the OP or in the midst of complexities.
16 Nov 2014, 17:38
Thanks for the replies guys but I didn't do the B2B in the end. I did Mon/Weds/Fri which I have done frequently as I've been following 4:3 lately. I was originally going to do the b2b today and tomorrow but I've eaten normally today. I'll do a liquid fast tomorrow then Tues-Sat I'll eat normally but mindfully (and try to keep the carbs down) and won't fast again until next Sunday.
18 posts Page 2 of 2