The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

36 posts Page 1 of 3
Christmas eating window
24 Dec 2014, 09:35
I love a good eating window and for this reason I'm starting this thread for me and anyone else out there who wants to join in.
I will be skipping breakfast for at least a week over the festive period. So many goodies in the cupboards and not wanting to do a full fast during this time I'm going for hearty egg and protein or homemade soup based brunches.
I'm cheating a bit as I don't do breakfast now anyway, but could often be tempted by the lovely aroma of croissants warming in the oven.
Had friends over from Btisbane last night and alternated vodka and tonic with straight tonic, didn't have the cheesey chips that everyone else was eating at 11.30 as my window was closed but a few did jump into my mouth :dazed: didn't feel like I'd missed anything.
So you're all welcome to join me ............
Re: Christmas eating window
24 Dec 2014, 09:45
I'll join you Carieoates!

No breakfast for me as usual but it will be tempting as I've bought croissants and pain au chocolat for our guests' breakfasts. I need to lunch late today as we're having a big Swedish style meal tonight so the eating window will be a late one. Or If might just open the eating window with our pre dinner nibbles and mulled wine!

Xmas day is actually easier as after the big lunch which we have about 3pm, I don't need anything else.
24 Dec 2014, 09:54
As a window eater, perhaps I should rephrase that one, as someone who eats only during a set time frame, or 'window' as we call it in the trade, then Christmas presents no problems for me. I just do what I normally do but I eat Christmas fare instead. How anyone can eat more than a Christmas lunch is absolutely beyond me but there you have it, we all do what suits us, even at this time of year, so, enjoy it all, have a lovely Christmas and a great New Year,

Ballerina x
24 Dec 2014, 10:48
Businss as usual for me apart from tomorrow when I have some Christmus pudding yoghurt. I will be skipping brekky in order to enjoy some nice food later in the day. Thank you for this thread!
24 Dec 2014, 10:52
Welcome to my world!

When I was a kid, lunch was always a little past 12, when dad had biked back from the factory and I had run back from school. On Christmas we waited until one o'clock, and I could never understand how or why most families didn' t start until 3 or even later.

I've got my leek and asparagus quiche on the stocks for 2 this afternoon. after I get in from my jog.
24 Dec 2014, 13:32
Gosh you all sound so restrained ladies - not sure if I can resist the croissants...............
24 Dec 2014, 13:37
You are SO in the zone Oatesy!
I don't think I can skip breakfast tomorrow. We traditionally have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, washed down with a little glass of champagne.
I'm sure I can skip breakfast the rest of the time though :wink:
Its getting close now... :neutral:
24 Dec 2014, 14:56
I am going to "try" to do a fast day today (still Dec. 24 and no outings planned) and then, eating window tomorrow definitely. Made it to my Christmas challenge and then immediately bounced up 1-2 kilos, but no more so far. :crossed: Was ready to start maintenance but want to see the damage after this season is over next week and then decide...likely a little 5:2 with a side of low carb will be indicated in the first part of 2015.

Merry Christmas everyone and just enjoy it all. :present: :heart: :party:
24 Dec 2014, 15:05
Well, I fully expect to put on a few pounds over the next few days as I partake in lots of food and more alcohol than usual. I do plan to ditch breakfasts for the next wee while. Lunch tomorrow will be some home made soup and home bread then we have our Christmas dinner about 5.30pm, we repeat the process on boxing day. By the 27th we are all craving salad!
24 Dec 2014, 18:54
I never thought I would go for 16:8 or thereabouts - but here I am, promising myself to totally skip breakfasts and not eat til about 2pm every day after Christmas and then well into New Year til my couple of extra stubborn pounds have disappeared. I have been skipping brekky more and more lately (and always do it on a fast day anyway) so I don't think it will be too difficult.
NOT ONLY that, but I fully intend to go alcohol-free for the month of January, starting on the 2nd, though!!!
Anyone else with me on that?????
24 Dec 2014, 19:15
Me too. First food today at 1.30pm, tomorrow about midday after visitors pop away. Only way to survive!
24 Dec 2014, 19:42
I changed to eating in a window, so Christmas Day I will just keep it up... Luckily we tend to have our big meal at 3pm! We usually do croissants for breakfast, but I got around that by eating them last night on Christmas Eve lol!
24 Dec 2014, 21:46
Hello, new here. New to 5:2 as I'm only 4 weeks in. I have adopted an eating window for this week as well. So far so good. I still feel in control but able to join in with the festivities. Tomorrow will be a test but feeling good about it at the moment. I can do this! :like:
24 Dec 2014, 22:26
lovemyparrot wrote: I never thought I would go for 16:8 or thereabouts - but here I am, promising myself to totally skip breakfasts and not eat til about 2pm every day after Christmas and then well into New Year til my couple of extra stubborn pounds have disappeared. I have been skipping brekky more and more lately (and always do it on a fast day anyway) so I don't think it will be too difficult.
NOT ONLY that, but I fully intend to go alcohol-free for the month of January, starting on the 2nd, though!!!
Anyone else with me on that?????
@lovemyparrot I will be with you. I will be Opening up the Soberina's tent again.
Welcome @debinapril, pop into the introducing yourself forum and give the members a chance to give you a warm welcome. A little intro by yourself, letting everyone know what you're hoping to gain with Intemittent fasting.
good luck.
24 Dec 2014, 22:44
I will be eating windows too. :lol: :grin:
36 posts Page 1 of 3