The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

80 posts Page 1 of 6
Just thinking about this. Reading so many of the posts here are a reason to celebrate. I am in London weekend of Nov 9th. Coffee anyone? :cool:
There appears to be a thriving culture of meeting up from what I have seen on the forum, indeed I am hoping to meet up with a fellow Taswegian very soon. People seem to be willing to meet up and share experiences. I'm sure you will find someone for a secret assignation!!! :wink:
I haven't, but I would if there was someone in my area... Nagoya, Japan anyone? :grin:
:cool: Ha ha secret assignation! I was thinking more of a few like minders who just wanted to pose around with their new physiques.
I'd love to but I don't think many people would be for meeting me! I'm a bit of a party crazy girl lol.
Crazy is as crazy does. London Nov 9th coffee and a big guilt free cake...Bloody brilliant.
I'll catch up with you if I'm in Sydney Lil, but my party years are done with, my liver told me off a long time ago. Maybe a sedate, hot Thai!!!
Sydney is great for a catch up. Will pop down early next year. Balmoral Beach cafe. Lovely
Im in for the Balmoral Beach cafe thing. Can it be a weekend?

It must not be a fast day for anyone or if it is, you need to shift it so we can eat cake. lol

It is scary though and prefer no pics published lol
I've belonged to another online forum for over nine years, and in that time I've met up with at least 50 people. Quite a few of those I've met on several occasions, and a handful I consider good friends. In fact, I've just had a night away in Birmingham (dinner, live music, dancing) last weekend. Twelve of us had a great night and stumbled into bed at 3am :) I'm off to Nottingham next month for another meet up!

In the past, we've had weekends away at residential centres, and several of those who have become friends have house-sat for us when we've been away. We live by the sea so it's a nice holiday for them :)

Go for it folks, just be sensible and you'll be fine.
What a lovely idea. I live in northern France and there is no such thing as cake with coffee here. You sometimes get one of those tiny biscuits!
I love that expression " in for repair Monday Thursday". I understand the tiny biscuit think living 20 mins from the French- German border.

There is such a great buzz around 5:2. With friends and colleagues I have to reduce my enthusiasm so as not to appear evangelical, so meeting other 5:2ers would be fun. I am sure we could come up with a better group name. Flasters- fast to lasters! For example.
Would love to meet up as i am in london that day but its my birthday and i will be celebrating with my daughter and two other fellow scorpios
Otherwise wd be great to meet other Fastees / Flastees tho i have no new physique to flaunt as yet!
Its a great idea tho x
kmatildat wrote: I haven't, but I would if there was someone in my area... Nagoya, Japan anyone? :grin:

@kmatildat bit off topic I know, but I used to have a friend in Showa-ku. I haven't heard from him since the tsunami and I hope that's just a coincidence but I wonder if you could tell me if Nagoya was very badly affected? I didn't think it would be but I don't know why else I wouldn't have heard from him. I guess maybe he started a family and didn't have time to email or write anymore.
80 posts Page 1 of 6