The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

62 posts Page 3 of 5
You know where we are! We're just a shout away if you need a natter!
Thinking of you, wishing your daughter all the best on her journey to fight this awful disease. I've been there too, remain positive is my only advice. And thank you for reminding us it's not all about the weight loss as the health benefits are more important :clover:
Such sad news to read, sending positive thoughts your way. Thank you for the reminder of focusing on health, it is easy to lose sight of and take for granted.
I don't know what else to say except that cancer is not what it used to be. It might be a tough enemy but your daughter CAN win this war and I'm sure that she will!
A dear friend of mine is a survivor, please be strong for her and don't let her lose her faith and courage.
I'll make sure to light a candle for her and your family next time I'm in church, all will be well, you'll see. :-)
Thinking of you and your family. Positive thoughts coming your way!! Take care x
So very sorry to hear your sad news Gill. Wishing your daughter the best of outcomes and the easiest possible road to recovery. xxoo
I'm sorry to read your news.
It is easy to lose sight of the original reason I started this, for health, as it so exciting to be losing weight, but this is a stark reminder.

Sending you and your daughter best wishes. :heart:
I am so sorry. How frightening!
My positive thoughts go to you and your daughter together with my very best wishes for her full recovery. At times like these, one remembers to appreciate how important health, family and friends are. I can only offer the advice to stay close, it does make a difference!
Gill I have just read your news & I am so sorry to hear about your daughters news. My sons are aged 33 & 36 & I know how devastated I would feel. However as a breast cancer survivor I know cancer research & treatments have improved over the last twelve years so don't give up hope of successful treatment. I know you haven't mentioned what her diagnosis is but you have much support here on the forum & knowledge from people with many different professions so do use us all even if it is to blow off steam. I am sending many hugs & positive thoughts your way & to your family.:heart: :heart:
Gill be strong, I know you will be. And when you need some support, come here, you'll get it in spades :heart: :heart: :heart:
Gill so sorry to hear this news. Have 2 colleagues and friends who have gone through this in the last 2 years. Keeping everything crossed for your daughter and you. Annie is so right, you will get support here when you need it. My thoughts are with you and hope to meet up sometime soon. :heart:
Hi Gill,

I was thinking earlier the very same about being anonymous on here. We are your virtual family and we dovetail with your real family (hope that's not too yucky sounding)

Sending all best wishes, hope, love and prayers to all your family and friends and wishing a full speedy recovery for your daughter x
I have just read this. I am so sorry to hear your news and send lots of love and prayers xx
Heartbreaking news, but what everyone says is so true. Treatments are so much more advanced now. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.
Xxx
62 posts Page 3 of 5