The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

62 posts Page 1 of 5
I've been trundling along on my 5:2 since January and I'm pleased to have lost weight. At coming up 60 though it's the health benefits which really interest me and whilst it must be healthier to carry less fat, I really hope to reduce my chances of life limiting disease.

In the last three months my daughter, who is 34 and normally the healthiest person on the planet, has become ill. She has dropped so much weight, from being normally a healthy weight. This is not good weight loss and in fact we have just found out she has cancer. From the devastating news last week we are now waiting to find out the details, in limbo at present.

Let's not lose sight of our health in the quest to be thinner.
Gosh I really don't know what to say - my heart goes out to you and your whole family. 34 is only 2 years older than me - so young and so devastating. I'm sure that having been healthy before this happened will help with recovery. You're right, we take our health for granted so much - I am so guilty of focussing on things that don't matter.

Hope you're able to pull together as a family and fight this together.

:heart:
Gillb

just read your post and I second everything Greenmonster wrote...

so very sorry to hear such devastating news, I wish your daughter a full recovery,please keep us posted..

positive thoughts for you xx
Oh dear, that must be so hard, my heartfelt thoughts go out to you and your family too. Again usually being fit and healthy will be important for your daughter on her journey now. Hang in there and hope as a forum we can support you too
So very sorry to hear of your devastating news of your daughter. The word "cancer" is such a scary word that everyone fears for certain.but holding on to hope and prayers that this is something that can be treated in the medical field with a wonderful outcome. Hoping the strength of your family and friends will support you during the difficult days ahead. Keep us posted as this is such a supportive group of wonderful people.
Hi Gillb.
I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news. You don't expect to be dealing with such things at a healthy 34. Sometimes life doesn't make any sense.
I pray your daughter makes a full recovery and gets back to good health again.
I wish you and your family all the best and hope you find the strenght neccessary to deal with this difficult time :heart:
Oh Gill, that's really tough. Thinking about you and sending strong thoughts.
And please look after you too. Mammies need looking after too :)
So sorry to here your news Gillb. Your daughter is the same age as my son so I can relate to how you must feel right now.

Cancer care is so much better these days and I'm sure that your daughters solid, healthy upbringing will stand her in good stead with regard to recovery. Has she been put in touch with the MacMillans? My aunt is currently fighting cancer and they have been very helpful.

Take care of yourself in all this wont you. She needs a strong mum. :heart:
Ah, Gill,so sorry to read your sad news. Sending love and hugs to you and your family.
:hugleft: :hugright:
I echo all of the above. As another with a son coming up to 31, you love 'em to bits and cannot countenance news like this. Hugs all round x
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your daughter. Sending love and strength to you all ((())))
That's awful and frightening and I hold you both with hugs in my heart. Be as well as you can be and check out all options everywhere for who knows what tomorrow may bring.
Sad news, indeed Gillb. Your daughter is young and strong and this will help a lot. My thoughts and very best wishes are with you and your family.
Gillb, I am really sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. I hope you get much better news on it very soon. You are very right about what is "important" and what isn't.
So sorry to hear the news! sending well wishes to your daughter and my prayers and best wishes are with you and your family! :clover:
62 posts Page 1 of 5