The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
I totally lost the vibe after my summer holiday to France last year and could not get back in the zone when we got home. It's about a year since I started 5:2 for the first time and it must be something about this time of year because I'm back on it today. First fast in months. So far, a small pot of mint tea, and a cup of coffee with half a sugar in. Chicken breast and greens for me tonight.

Anyway, I got a couple of emails to say I'd been tagged in a couple of posts, so thanks for that, you lovely lovely lot.

I hope everyone is well x
Hallo honey *waves* glad to see you here. Good luck today, I've discovered keeping the carbs intake below 20g on a fast day and below 100g on feed days makes a world of difference to weight, clarity and happiness :0)
Oooh good tip re the carbs - thanks @Azureblue

It's the carbs I am going to really have to train myself with - I am such a sucker for fresh bread and pasta. Somehow cabbage or courgette spaghetti isn't quite the same ;)
It does mean keeping a record of intake on something like myfitnesspal to know the amount accurately at the end of the day, but worth it it for a week or two. Also set yourself to stop eating by 7pm, seems to help too. Keep drinking water, peppermint tea or lemon and ginger tea etc liberally throughout to prevent bunged-up-ness.
We will be slim disciplined girls!
Haha that we will!
Welcome back! You were missed. How was France? Fabulous? Even though I'm fasting,tell me the best meal you had there please.
Hi @julianna, France was, as ever, lovely. We stayed close to La Rochelle on the Atlantic coast. We were at a holiday park, so we cooked every day rather than eating out, but we ate a lot of lovely cheeses and pates with salads and french bread. So, so good. Also lots of wine. And patisserie. noms!
Heaven! That's why I love this WOL. The last few years I always thought " when I finally get to France how can I indulge in all the beautiful food,wine,cheese without putting on weight? Now I'm looking forward to my trip and Iknow it will be ok.
Hi @imcountingufoz Nice to have you back we've missed you and your recipes, well you know what needs doing and just how to do thus WOL :clover: Good Luck :clover:
Hi@imcountingufoz, good to see you back! Take care and :clover: on your journey!
Welcome back and happy fasting ! :like:
Thks for the carb tips@Azureblue will bear in mind x
Welcome back from me too x
Good to see you again! Hisashiburi desu, as they say in Japan (long time no see)
Nice to see you back in the fold

Ballerina x :heart:
19 posts Page 1 of 2