The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

56 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: I got fat again....
26 Mar 2014, 19:41
Well done @pinchypops for getting back! It seems to be not an uncommon occurrence that people fall off and regain weight. In your case it seems to have been life challenges which tipped you out of the zone. Did you lose so much weight that you thought you'd try maintenance or did it all just get too hard because of everything else that was going on - it sounds like a nightmare, all that house moving! I am curious about it because I don't want it to happen to me! Losing weight and then putting back on has been the story for so many of us most of our lives with every diet we've ever tried and we want this to be different. Recently @justdeeposted a similar story. Well done for coming back and good luck! We're all here for you! Hugs.

Obviously, I didn't read the 2nd page of this thread and I now have! I see that you have both buddied up! Fabulous!
26 Mar 2014, 20:09
Hi @sallyo!

To be honest, I just stopped doing it. I stopped thinking about what I was eating and drinking, and didn't plan ahead. Moving into my new flat will hopefully be the component that allows for easier and better regulation, along with it being closer to the gym! Living with a friend will also help, I reckon, as we can go food shopping together and help one another to make better choices xx
26 Mar 2014, 20:16
It sounds like you are a Young Person. I can't imagine not thinking about what I am eating! But I have a rather dull, predictable, middle aged life style! I always plan my meals for a week and then do the shopping so I have everything I need. I know people think that is obsessive and perhaps it is, but it takes the stress out of arriving home at 5 pm and not knowing what's for tea. I always know.
26 Mar 2014, 20:28
I agree @sallyo about finding it helpful thinking of folk all over the world fasting along with me!
26 Mar 2014, 23:07
Perhaps I should share the love and encourage my colleague to fast with me!
27 Mar 2014, 00:17
pinchypops wrote: I've had a baked sweet potato and homemade chilli, with coconut and mint yoghurt.

oh my, that sounds yum!

Welcome back and good luck!
27 Mar 2014, 00:22
Sallyo wrote: It sounds like you are a Young Person. I can't imagine not thinking about what I am eating! But I have a rather dull, predictable, middle aged life style! I always plan my meals for a week and then do the shopping so I have everything I need. I know people think that is obsessive and perhaps it is, but it takes the stress out of arriving home at 5 pm and not knowing what's for tea. I always know.

Haha @Sallyo. I'm a dull middle aged person, but the last couple of weeks I've slipped into that 'not planning' mode. I haven't done a proper shop since my trip. Luckily, our cafeteria seconds as a vegetable stand, so I've been mindlessly eating salads instead of potato chips and cookies. Must go grocery shopping. (Though, I bought a lovely courgette there the other day, so I think it's courgette hummus tonight! Thanks @rawkaren for the link to that recipe :-) )
27 Mar 2014, 10:51
@justdee - I'm attempting a second fast day today.

So far I have had 180 calories - a small banana for breakie, followed by a small helping of turkey in coconut and mint yoghurt, spinach and sweet chilli sauce (coming in at around 100 cals).

I'm going to keep drinking lots of water, maybe have a bit of soup for lunch, and see how I go.

When did you say your fasting days were again? (I'm thinking you said Mon, Wed, Fri, but can't remember!)

Lots of good wishes to all xx
27 Mar 2014, 11:31
Interesting turkey idea! I've never heard of coconut yogurt.
27 Mar 2014, 11:34
@sallyo - I make it myself - it's just fat free natural yoghurt, with desiccated coconut and dried mint stirred in. It makes for a lovely accompaniment to lots of dishes. It's very fresh tasting and livens up a salad or a wrap!
27 Mar 2014, 11:45
Sounds yummy pinchy, I'll have to try it. So glad youre back and I'm glad you're living in a nice flat with a friend. That's just great!
Xxx julianna
27 Mar 2014, 14:14
You're much braver than I am @pinchypops back to back fast!! I don't think I could do it. Yes my fast are Mon, Wed and Fri. I stepped on scales this morning (couldn't help myself) and I'm 3lbs down after just 2 fast :) ok I know it's the day after a fast and some of it will be water weight but it is just so nice to see the numbers going down for a change :) . Good luck with today's fast hun. I'm going to try the coconut, yoghurt dressing, sounds lovely :)
Dee
27 Mar 2014, 15:21
I've just used up the remainder of my calories on a baked sweet potato with guacamole and peri peri sauce.

Didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would as was attempting to eat whilst working - pesky colleagues got in the way! Let's hope I can las the rest of the day now without anything else xx
27 Mar 2014, 15:30
pinchypops wrote: @JustDee we should definitely buddy up! x
@justdeeAnd @pinchypops

:heart: :heart: Brilliant idea you two make a great choice for each other well done a new buddie set. :heart:
Good Luck to both of you kick some ass together. :shock:
:clover: :clover: :clover:
27 Mar 2014, 19:12
How are you doing with todays fast @pinchypops ? Still hanging in there? :)
56 posts Page 3 of 4