The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

56 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: I got fat again....
27 Mar 2014, 20:03
I'm with you! Let's do it! Lost a lot on 5:2, stopped, gained it all back and then some, and finally back on the wagon after something someone said that hurt me. It wasn't as rude as what your colleague said, but it changed the way I looked at myself. I say, good on us for taking someone else's negativity and turning it into something positive and productive for ourselves!
27 Mar 2014, 20:23
@justdee - reckon I've gone slightly over - went to meet my ex for a drink after work (slimline single G&T - 54 cals), realised half way through the drink that he was not in the right frame of mind to see me, so I necked it and left.

Feeling a bit blue, I was so tempted to go and get myself a burrito, or come home and have a glass of wine and finish off my bolognese...and then I decided to walk home. Such a good idea - cleared my head, got a bit of exercise, thought things through and didn't give in.

I won't lie, I picked out a few mushrooms from the bolognese, and then poured myself a pint of water, downed it, and had another.

According to myfitnesspal I've had 550 calories today, so not too bad!

Anyway, sorry for rambling on...how has your day been today?xx
27 Mar 2014, 21:20
@pinchypops - Stay strong pinchy, the walk was a great idea, gave you time to think before acting. 550 is great for second consecutive fast, well done. Rambling is what I'm here for hun so don't worry about that. I hope you're feeling better about the ex. ((hugs)) Don't let it play on your mind, you've had a think about it, now put it to one side and concentrate on you. xx

I've had a good day, stayed with in my TDEE. I think I got my imaginary gastric band back today so very pleased about that. I'm all ready for my 3rd fast of the week tomorrow. Going to have a lovely steak with grilled mushrooms and salad, not sure of the cals but it shouldn't be very many.
Look who's rambling now haha :)
Dee
27 Mar 2014, 21:42
@justdee - steak sounds lovely!

I was considering a third fasting day tomorrow, but realised that that would probably be a daft idea, considering the fact that I have a 13 hour work day ahead of me, including a free buffet in the evening!

Already looking forward to my scrambled egg on toast (if I can get up early enough to make it before work!) for breakie, chilli and bulgar wheat, with guacamole for lunch and whatever I can snaffle from the buffet for supper...must remember not to go overboard on that, though (although it's really meant for clients, anyway).

In terms of the ex - again it's about taking control and doing what is good for me - not dissimilar to this WOL, really, is it?

Best of luck with your fast tomorrow - make sure your steak is cooked to perfection, your salad is interesting and your mushrooms are scrummdidly! xx :heart:
27 Mar 2014, 21:47
@pinchypops congrats on how you dealt with yr ex and the feelings afterwards xx
@justdee i have the imaginary gastric band book but havent looked at it..its just been on the shelf for six months
Do you find its effective? X
27 Mar 2014, 22:22
@pinchypops - I'm glad to hear you're not doing a 3rd fast tomorrow, 3 in a row doesn't sound too good and could be counterproductive. Enjoy your non fast day and your buffet supper. A little tip for the buffet, start with healthy choices to avoid mindless eating, it gives you a bit of time to ponder what you really want and you're less likely to over eat the unhealthy things. :)

@candicemarie - I didn't know there was a book. I was talking about my virtual gastricband, feeling fuller much faster. What is the book? like a Paul Mckenner thing? :)
Dee
27 Mar 2014, 22:27
Yeah i have a book and dvd and cd by P mcK
Not that i' m much of a fan of his...bought same day i got 5:2 book, and think mainly coz i got into 5:2,i didn't pursue the hypnotic band thing!
Maybe i should now give it a whirl! X
27 Mar 2014, 22:32
Maybe you should hun, it's got to be easier to do if you already have some control over your eating. I think I've got one of his books/cd somewhere, think I'll dig it out, it can't hurt :)
27 Mar 2014, 22:39
Every little helps! :like: :clover:
27 Mar 2014, 22:53
@pinchypops

Yeh, well done for come back to this WOL. I've not dropped out yet but I quite understand it might become me, I also know I'll come back here and no where else for support.

Look forward to talking on the forum.

Lizbeanx
28 Mar 2014, 01:18
CandiceMarie wrote: Yeah i have a book and dvd and cd by P mcK
Not that i' m much of a fan of his...bought same day i got 5:2 book, and think mainly coz i got into 5:2,i didn't pursue the hypnotic band thing!
Maybe i should now give it a whirl! X

I also have this - used it and guess what - didn't lose any weight!!!! maybe should ebay it!
56 posts Page 4 of 4