The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

31 posts Page 2 of 3
oooh, respect for managing two in a row!
Good for you, that's you well and truly back on that pony!
Let us know how it goes as you gallop off into the sunset! :D
Looks like you just missed the wet fish by a whisker, phew! :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
I'm back here giving an update

The more I do this WOE, the more I love it. I initially started it for maintenance then decided recently (after the holidays), I should drop a few more pounds to give myself a buffer ... :heart: :smile:

In any case, I digress

I was horrified to weigh myself after the holidays and see I'd gained 2 pounds - I know it's not a lot but I had only dropped the ball for about 4 days, so how is it possible to gain this much in such a small amount of time, how dos this bode for maintence etc etc. yes I was depressed and despondent :cry: :shock:

Enter 5:2. The first fast didn't go well, I failed, then I did 2 in succession and I completed my third fast of the New Year yesterday. I weighed myself this morning and I'm back to my pre-holiday weight - YAY :heart: :heart:

I know that the scales show lower weight because of the fast, but how wonderful and motivational to see that same number pop up, and more importantly, and I'm beginning to fell and realise this more and more, I so much prefer not feeling over full and super bloated!

I realise now I overreacted when the scales initially showed me an increase but it kicked me into action and I'm delighted that I've been able to turn that around. I can't tell you how wonderful that feels :bugeyes: :heart:

I've always been good at losing weight but never good at maintaing - I know that daily weighing is a must for me and that will dictate how well I do.

I still have 2.5 pounds to go to reach my target, but I'm going to try and switch to maintenance soon and may be do 6:1 and a couple of 16:8s.

I can't tell you how delighted and empowered I feel :grin: :heart:
Oh well DONE! To be back where you were before Crimbo already is a fabulous achievement.
Domane wrote: Oh well DONE! To be back where you were before Crimbo already is a fabulous achievement.

I know right, it kind of feels like a hollow victory in a way since I was already there but I'm taking it and basking in it

It's incredible how psychologically, these numbers mean so much. One day that may change for me, but in the meantime I'm going to keep weighing and correcting. Im beginning to realize that this is an active dynamic process, i don't just lose weight and stop. I got that notion that losing is the be all and end all from some place and in my opinion, it's wrong. Like most things, I need to nurture and look after this to sustain it and allow it to be maintained :razz:
Great result Jen. Bet you were well chuffed.
carieoates wrote: Great result Jen. Bet you were well chuffed.

:heart: Thank you so much for all your support :like: :heart:
:heart: Hi @jeninboston Great result well done you :heart:
I pulled my socks up by doing a 20:4 (4hour eating window) that bit is for you @pinchypops
Also Mon+Tues back2back fasts plus my last one on Thursday before my Friday weigh-in
I'm determined to get back my mojo
That's what I thought it meant - and how easy do people find that?

Also - different note - how do you tag another member in a post? is it just @Sue.Q ?
@pinchypops. Click on tag above then type name look in preview if its gone blue bingo!!!
I use 20:4 when I'm desperate or when I'm eating out at night on the nts out I then eat+ drink whatever I want knowing I'll be inside my TDEE (she says hopefully) this works well for me and I believe the reason for my success as I eat out a lot :heart:

Edit:: soz should have said I do find it easy to do because if I don't eat I don't get hungry at all but as today light lunch and although I'm not hungry my stomach is going mad mad mad!!!
:heart: You're welcome@pinchypops
That's exactly how I learned with someone's help on this forum :heart: in fact I learn something every day on here just been In the low carb tent with @rawkaren + @FatDog absolutely amazing information being dished out
daily over there and late last year the LC kickstarted my weightloss again for me. :heart:
You're in a place @jeninboston that a lot of us would like to be in and I am SO pleased for you that you're back there, it must feel good.
:heart:
31 posts Page 2 of 3