The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

31 posts Page 1 of 3
It was only a week ago that I finished a 3 day detox juice fast (yes over Christmas!) and I was feeling so good, like I was on too of the world, invincible :cool: Then I went away for 3 days over the new year and I'm now back and struggling.

I'd planned to do a fast today but I woke hungry with an upset belly (yes both!) and gave my weakness and had breakfast and then a couple of delicious satsuma muffins (using a recipe from someone on this blog)

I daren't weigh myself; I'm sure I've gained 5 pounds! and worst of all I don't feel good, I'm bloated, sluggish and have no energy, so why am I doing this to myself? why did I just have another muffin rather than make myself a tasty juice?

Sigh ... tomorrow is another day, I intend to eat well the rest of today (no more carbs) to prepare myself for a fast tomorrow

Thanks for listening, I just had to vent and share the frustration I have towards myself

Good luck fasting to all of you who are strong willed and determined to do it :smile:
:oops: OOps! think the Satsuma muffin must have been my recipe Jen so blame me! :wink: Once you get the taste of carbs again it is really hard to wean yourself off, isn't it? :bugeyes: Never mind, put it behind you now and concentrate on getting back into your fasting routine and all will be well! :grin:
Satsuma muffins??!! :eat: They sound delicious! :wink:

Don't worry jen, tomorrow is a new day. Good luck
foodies-f31/seasonal-satsuma-muffins-t9988.html
Her you go Tracy22, but don't tell jeninboston if you make them! :wink:
Why Oh Why Jen...but weve all done it..i guess its called being human..
Just get back on that hoss..once youve done a fast,you will feel much better
Its only a little blip and wont matter in the big scheme of things..i wonder if being too harsh on yrself over crimbo led to a bit of a binge..oh well dont analyse it too much,just shrug it off
Hope yr tum feels better soon but * ahem* a sore tum can lead to toilet trips that then lead to a weight loss or at least a good clear out..TMI but true sometimes.
It was our dear @callyanna who gave us that recipe by the way..they sound scrumptious x
Oooooh! Thank you callyanna! a non fast day recipe! :lol:
I deleted the link to the muffins :lol: :razz: :shock:

And yeah, lots of trips to the loo, hoping to have purged my system a bit :bugeyes: :neutral: :oops:

And yes, too strict over Christmas did lead to this binge - one day I'll learn not to rein it in so much!!

Thanks ladies for the encouragement - I feel psyched to for my fast tomorrow :geek:
:heart: We all make mistakes Jen and being so strict at that time of year probably led you to comfort foods :shock:
Over the silly season I've been just the same eating more carbs than I have done in months and was lucky to have gained only 1kg but that was last Fri with new year in between and my normal weigh-in due tomorrow so who knows !! watch this space basically the best thing to do is put it all behind us now, todays fast for me hasn't gone well so i need to start again as soon as possible with a reduction in carbs.
We can do this I know I can so why not join me :heart: :heart:
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: We all make mistakes Jen and being so strict at that time of year probably led you to comfort foods :shock:
Over the silly season I've been just the same eating more carbs than I have done in months and was lucky to have gained only 1kg but that was last Fri with new year in between and my normal weigh-in due tomorrow so who knows !! watch this space basically the best thing to do is put it all behind us now, todays fast for me hasn't gone well so i need to start again as soon as possible with a reduction in carbs.
We can do this I know I can so why not join me :heart: :heart:

Hi @sue.q. My fast did not go well either today. It involved a portion of fries (first in months), a bread roll plus garlic mayo, a glass of cava and a glass of rose :shock: I feel quite ill after all of those carbs, so ready to get back on the horse with you :like:
Yeeeeehaw everybody...Saddle up that pony and ride! Giddy up! X
@rawkaren - sorry to hear about your fast. I hope you enjoyed the food at the time and may be think of bottling up that "ill" feeling and remembering it next time you want some carbs? :oops:

For me, I lose the plot when my routine is messed up; what's doubly worse is I was away at a yoga retreat where they have healthy "mostly vegetarian" food with no alcohol and no desert ... but they delicious home made bread, different kinds and home made jams - yep, that was my downfall!! :confused:
:heart: :heart: @rawkaren You're on holiday and its OK to have such foods :shock: I've done really well all day and then saw a garlic baguette in the fridge with yesterday's date on so had about third of it not a total failure but not a low carb fasting meal either, never mind will make tomorrow a serious 20:4 to make up for it coz that's usually the best I can do on a friday unless the scales are another kg up then will do
a fastday deffo. So another lesson learned because like you I don't like wasting food and rarely do so
(leave leftovers for others or put in the bin) :heart: :heart: :heart:
I'm sure it'll all work out Jen and Karen. Xmas and holidays should be a relaxed and fun time, don't be too hard on yourselves for being human.
I also hate wasting good, and my hubs has been shopping for comfort food for me which I haven't even wanted/needed. Then he gets all upset when it goes over the date. I said no more red meat please, and stop buying Stilton, pork pies, and crisps. I know I sound ungrateful but I'm not going to fail myself. I'm not.
It's been a few days since I posted this and wanted to give an update

After the failed attempted fast on Thursday, I just finished a two day back to back fast (Friday and Saturday) and I feel soooo much better for it. It's amazing what discipline can do :cool:

I weighed myself yesterday and I have in fact gained 1.2 pounds since my lowest just after Christmas - but that's not bad as I suspected and certainly not as bad as it felt.

Thank you all for your support - it really helped me get back on that horse and correct my path :heart: :heart: :heart:
Well done Jen, great stuff! :like:
31 posts Page 1 of 3