The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

56 posts Page 1 of 4
Spectacular September
01 Sep 2013, 17:08
Any one in for a follow on to Awesome August?
I'm need Inge a kick up the jaxie to get some exercise done.
My life is taking a spin with starting working full time after a very very long time and I'm trying to find my feet keeping all the balls in the air.
I know I won't but am ok about it but what I must do is exercise. I enjoy it when I do, am reasonably disciplined when I get started and really see the benefits.
I'm just struggling to start :curse:
So, with a lot of help from my forum friends, I now want to do it.
I hope this week to do three sessions of exercise. It can be fighting with madmax , the rowing machine.
Or maybe going for a swim
Or doing one of the 30 day shred sessions
Or Callanetics
Three time this week jane
Not much but soooo worth it.
Anyone else in with a plan for the week?
Re: It's September!
01 Sep 2013, 17:16
I bought a rowing machine this week, was going to post a thread asking if there were any rowers about.

I'm going to follow the workout that Concept send out everyday, not every day but as it fits in with the Crossfit.
01 Sep 2013, 17:55
Well as you know I am back on 4:3 tomorrow. My plan is to carry on walking the dog but faster!
01 Sep 2013, 18:02
I'm up for It's September

I'm desperately hoping a physio can get my dodgy hamstring sorted so I can start running again. Otherwise I'd join Claire on her faster dog walking - if I had a dog

Back on 5:2 starting Tuesday. :smile:
01 Sep 2013, 18:17
you should get yourself a dog! I have no excuse not to walk now
01 Sep 2013, 18:30
Re Get a Dog

Long story, but I am allergic to dogs, OH isn't and grew up with dogs, he has now taken early retirement, there are now cross breeds that I could possibly live with. A work in progress as they say :smile:
01 Sep 2013, 18:44
Re Get a dog

My friends have a labradoodle. Supposed to be good for allergics. my OH is allergic to long animal fur. we have two cats, maybe i was trying to kill him but it was his idea!
But you don't need a dog to go on a walk. I have my iPhone and walk along the riverbank.
SianS, I hope your hamstring sorts itself out soon, had that when I played football, rest is good, but i was too impatient for that.
01 Sep 2013, 19:35
I'm back on 5:2 again after getting to maintenance and then putting on 5 pounds in my last week in the UK :( this Friday was the first time I didn't put my weight in the tracker since I started in March.

I've changed my fast days to Sundays and Wednesdays and am hoping by Thursday, my new weigh in day, the tracker will be heading downwards again.

Here's to a good September everyone :)
01 Sep 2013, 19:56
:heart: Hello, All! I have been off the exercise for awhile, weeks in fact. It was very important for me to get a firm hold on the fasting first. I needed to be sure of my energy levels and what would be possible to do on fast days. My fast days (M & TH) also happen to be work days for me, and I have a rather physical job. So, fast days will be "non-fitness" days, and the rest of the week I am going to bike, resistance train and yoga. That way cardio, strength and flexibility all get a turn and sometimes 2 per week. Oh and some abs in there, too! :like: Do we check in daily? I need a little kick myself some days! :heart:
01 Sep 2013, 20:03
Yes can I join you ? Walking well mine had dropped just a little but that's how the rot starts so I'm definitely doing a 5/6 miles on each of my 3 fastdays !!! Now moogie has set the new interim goal I'm aiming for mine at Christmas :like: there now I've actually told someone my goal
( usually keep them for myself or my sister)this site is so good for confessions. So let's make it a Spectacular September :clover: Sue

Agree don't need a dog to walk :like: I just tell all the local dog walkers that I've got my imaginary dog with me :geek: bet they all think that I'm now completely bonkers :cool: Sue
01 Sep 2013, 20:13
I'm in! Walking every day, doing the Couch to 5K and Wii active. Determined to lose the rest of my weight and my interim goal is about 6 weeks so have something to aim for :wink:
01 Sep 2013, 20:35
I am with the dog walking brigade. Life isn't worth living if you give it a miss-and they encourage you to keep going whatever the weather.
01 Sep 2013, 20:50
I want to try walking the dog more, body balance classes again and riding the bike a little (on the road AND in the house). Small bits to fit into the now warmer and daylight-for-longer days. (Though warmer weather does mean the snakes will be out soon!) Bring on daylight saving!! (This is first time in years I've been looking forward to it - usually it just makes me cranky.)
01 Sep 2013, 21:09
I'm hoping to do a bit more exercise too...
Maybe I should pretend to have a dog to start me off! :lol:
I want to try to do some tummy exercises to try to shift this belly. I'm really pleased with my weight loss, but it's depressing that I only really needed to lose weight from my midriff/tummy and that is clinging on while it has fallen off everywhere else.
I'd like to go horse riding this month too.
01 Sep 2013, 21:27
I'm with you all, I want to finally get to my target weight and stop gaining and losing the same kilo, and I want to exercise more regularly.

I don't have a dog, but I've just started skating again after about 6 years break, so I want to carry on with that and do some cycling and running too.

My son's 5th birthday is at the end of September, so it would be good to finally lose the last of the baby weight by then LOL.
56 posts Page 1 of 4