The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

43 posts Page 3 of 3
Julieathome wrote: Re the trouser problem, its worse when the falling trousers take down your underwear too. Especially when you are carrying a large delicate cake in one hand and supporting your disabled hubby with the other.

LOL! :lol:
I have only been doing it for a bit over a week, but immediately I enjoy being "relaxed" about food for 5 out of 7 days. It is so nice to not have to worry about points counting, calorie counting etc every single day and just focus on sensible eating on those 5 days. It is a lovely feeling to go to bed after a successful fast day knowing that I have achieved my goal for that day.
The thing I like MOST is that I really am averaging a pound a week! It works! I've found a way to lose weight that works, is not too hard for only 2 days and so wonderful every other day to eat really beautiful food with no guilt- butter,mayonnaise, sourdough bread,cheese,chips, good hamburgers, fisherman's basket,steak gorgeous salads full of colourful veges and nuts,wine, cheesecake. It has to be the best because I'm not going to waste calories on substandard food.
Love love love it!
Also - sustainable which means I'll never be obese again.
I dont think 1 pound a week is too slow. I thinks its wonderful.
Xxx julianna
My DW said that she loves this WOL because she is finally not worried about gaining all her weigh back.
I found myself thanking everyone for their great posts! I agree and enjoy all you wrote about this WOL.
- It is a release not to be worrying about what you eat and even over-eat within reason and even when over the top it's not the end of the success. Getting on track is forgiving and holds sure success again.
- it's wonderful to feel fit and well, and to have had the recent confirmation of healthy body checks from the GP
- and the weight has stayed off for nearly a year! which I will celebrate on 15th Jan.
- took another bag of saggy trousers yesterday to the charity shop, and am having my 3 best designer trousers and jacket professionally altered, AND have 4 trousers sitting by my sewing machine for me to take in yet more baggy bums. I hate having to do the job but love the fact that I have to get on with it! That's all my trousers.......I am not keeping any back in case I put on weight, those days are over.
- I love this forum which grew out of all the enthusiasm for this WOE. :wink: :heart: :lol: :grin:
The people here, without this forum. I may have had more downs than ups and flop days.
I just love ....
How well I feel
The weight loss
The flexible way of eating
This forum and all the lovely, supportive people on it.
New clothes
And most of all, a new confidence.

Lesley. :grin:
in my best 'Braveheart' voice
FREEEEEDDDDDOMMMMMM!
I love all of the above but especially it's flexibility and this forum!
Julieathome wrote: Re the trouser problem, its worse when the falling trousers take down your underwear too. Especially when you are carrying a large delicate cake in one hand and supporting your disabled hubby with the other.

Julie i am still laughing!!! :lol: brilliant, obviously not so funny when its happening, can sympathise... so now i love the fact i can use some lovely belts which have been hidden in the wardrobe for too long!! little thing i know, but they make you so happy!! :grin: :clover: :heart: :victory:
Hi Bobby what i like most is the fact that this WOL seems to agree with me,as despite my underactive thyroid and my being fairly sedentary due to health probs, ive lost 2.5 lb per week over the last ten weeks
The other thing i like is the weight seems to come off from all over..on other diets ive lost from my face,bust and fingers and everywhere else has stayed lumpy! :confused:
And of course,this great forum wdnt be here if it wasnt for IF! X
Like everyone, I'm loving the flexibility of what i eat and when i eat and whilst fasting can be tough (I'm a newbie, 5th fast today), there is something very rewarding about completing the fast which spurs me on not to mention how light and unblocked I feel

I love this wonderful forum - the support, reading everyone's stories is very motivating and the depth of knowledge and information sharing is incredible :-D

I'm looking forward to sticking to this as my way of living
Hi, I started this on Nov 10th and I love how I actually feel so in control on my fast days.
:like: :smile:
43 posts Page 3 of 3