The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

140 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Thought I'd bump this up ..................... to see how everyone is doing on their non fast day?
Pleased to say I'm keeping well within my TDEE so far..... it's 4pm and I have not eaten, it's what I consider an 'easy' day..... I'm treating myself to a dinner of fresh tuna and salad and glass of wine.
@Sassy1 are you still on your hols?
Woo hoo.....I'm not fasting today!!

Just thought I'd mention it......

Pretty pleased about that.....

3 DODO fasts under my belt so far this week.....yay!

Hope you all enjoy today! X
No No NO! It is such relief not to be fasting today, I'm going to eat what ever I like and I'm not counting calories or even thinking about it!
I shouldn't really be in here because I don't count calories on any day and therefore don't know whether I am staying within my TDEE or not. :shock: I guess, as my weight is fairly stable (apart from holidays), that I must be staying within my TDEE sufficiently to allow me to maintain! Just here for a nosey really! Have a good day all! :smile:
@Hazelnut20 @Sallyo well done you DODOers, enjoy your day off! The DODO challenge is certainly shaking things up Sallyo! No, no, no ....
I'm relieved it's the weekend and I have time to catch up at home. Mega spring clean ahead, gardening and a looking forward to a leisurely walk to the garden centre with a good friend who I have not seen since last year Sunday morning, so there will be lots of good catch up chatter. Keeping within my TDEE 1330 today, lunch will be my own version of a 'protein pot' I buy for lunch during the week; raw spinach, boiled egg and a small slice of smoked salmon. Dinner seabass and mega salad, berries and yoghurt. Need to keep an eye on my TDEE as the scales went up again this week and I'm not having that :wink: Good luck you TDEEers :clover:
@StowgateResident I guesstimate TDEE calories too, worked so far for me but this week I'm out of my maintaining range for the first time! :shock: Only by 1lb but it's time to rein in before the horse bolts.
I guesstimate too but sometimes, just out of curiosity, I have periods where I log my intake into MFP. I often think that when I do that, I actually eat more because I am tempted to eat up to TDEE. I am sure that when I guesstimate I am more reserved.
I'm actually contemplating attemting DODO. I'd really like to get this weight off adn it seems if I don't count carefully on non fast days, I am just stalled.
Tracieknits wrote: I'm actually contemplating attemting DODO. I'd really like to get this weight off adn it seems if I don't count carefully on non fast days, I am just stalled.

That's exactly why I'm doing it Tracie. Stuck at BMI of 27 far too long.
I hear DODO's are good with a nice gravy...
I like them stuffed with prunes and walnuts and LOTS of gravy!
Hi @Lizbean and everyone! :)

Yes, I was still on hols when you posted, and hadn't checked the forum until today when we got back. Had a wonderful busy mostly active time in Tassie and certainly didn't count calories at all apart from a couple of days early on when I tried to semi-fast... I ate lots of lovely carby food, including deciding to eat bread sandwiches when the lettuce leaf ones everyday started to lose their appeal. I found that the bread did help give me more energy on the hikes, better than the protein bars, nuts, cheese etc.

But all the chocolate and biscuits consumed in the evenings probably was not much of a help... After today's fast I will see how much damage has been done and work out a strategy for losing what I can in the 5 weeks before our European holiday. Ah, it's a hard life some of us lead!!!!

And I will need to get back to eating within my TDEE.... But I don't think I will be a late joiner for DODO - experience has shown that for me, sticking to 5:2 is the most reliable method for weight loss.

Best wishes to all! :D
Welcome back @Sassy1! Glad to hear you had a good holiday and that it wasn't all lettuce leaves ....... You'll see I'm on a mission to rein it back in this week. :wink: Good luck with you fast day.
Leaving for work.... byeee
Just finished a MonTues B2B to get back in line with the other DODOers.....so I'm not fasting today.

Going out to lunch in fact! Won't have any brekkie though......and will try hard to rein things in at dinner too. One thing's for sure - will enjoy every mouthful!
Have been reading about 'carb refeed' days for us low carb/ high fat folks and decided to have one today. So fat intake <50g and carb intake >150g for a change, to see if this stuff about weight stall and leptin is real.
Any thoughts @carorees?
So far had 2 soft boiled eggs with 2 GF slices bread, tiniest scrape of butter on them to get them down, 3 squares 99% chocolate (of course :0)) and 2 cups of black real coffee. That's 26g fat so far. I'm aiming for 1500 calories but not strictly as 2 lively grandchildren will be with us this afternoon. Anything can happen!
GF Soup for dinner with maybe sweet potato added as there's one lurking in the cupboard and that would bump up the carbs nicely.
The suggestion is to do this once or twice a week so perhaps I will, I've a hankering for a few new potatoes :0)
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
140 posts Page 8 of 10