The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

140 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
@Sassy1 and @Lizbean were talking about a chat thread for sticking to your TDEE on a non-fast day, so I thought I would make one.

Today I was good when I turned down a piece of chocolate a friend offered me. Then I declined adding sugar or mocha syrup to my coffee while we were out, and she got some in her coffee. Of course I wasn't *that* virtuous because I had already allowed myself an almond croissant for breakfast.

Anyone need help staying on track? I'm having a sparkling water right now instead of the ice cream in the freezer. I'm hoping I stay strong
Good luck @tracieknits and thanks fot starting this
Its a fast n repair day for me,but i' m sure this thread will be helpful on non fast days
Some times they can be harder than a fast day,and really are tricky, tho so nice to have more cals!
A thread will help culprits like me not to be over tempted on TDEE days! X
Great idea for a thread Tracie!

I find it's the bad habits that I have to resist. For example having nuts and a glass of wine before dinner every evening, rather than just at weekends. It's so easy to slip into these eating habits. Changing routine is important for me then.
Great idea @Tracieknits - I shall join in when I am, erm, fasting again (recovering from D&V is my excuse until Monday I think).
Thanks @Tracieknits! I actually think that a non-fast day can be more difficult than a fast. I think my tendency is to go into a mind-set that says "I can eat whatever I like today"...and then I proceed to eat anything and everything...just because I can! I think this thread will be good to help rein it in :confused:
I'll be back tomorrow...when I'm on a non-fast day :wink:
Stroke of genius Tracie,
This is the reason I only lose weight when I log everything on MFP as I'm not a cheat if I say out loud what I've eaten.

Today non fast day, prawn salad with a few pasta twists, chicken noodle cup a soup, piece of lemon polenta cake, nice chipolatasstuffing or "snosages" as Candy @CandiceMariecalls them with Heinz baked beans and celeriac chips. Non alcohol wine.
Thanks everyone! It wasn't my idea, it was Sassy1's and so credit should be given :-)

I know I've been eating too much sugar lately, since I started my holiday from 5:2 at Thanksgiving. So I've made a new promise to myself that when I'm craving sugar, I need to eat a bit of protein. I have some lovely cotswolds cheddar with chives in it that I had this afternoon instead of gelato.

@ @CarieOates LOL @ "snosages" - that's the name of a dog treat they used to have in the 1990s here (not sure if they still have them).

@@nursebean - I have been doing way too much of that lately!

@@Madcatlady - I hope you are feeling better!

@@Carorees - I would love a glass of wine right now, but that won't go so well with driving to my French class tonight. But yes, that's the other thing Bruce and I have been having too much of since the holidays started. And we haven't stopped.

@@CandiceMarie - I agree that sometimes it's the non fast days that are harder, for sure!
Thanks for the idea@sassy1 ..i cant believe we didnt think of this sooner! Glad you came up with it..its like the missing ingredient!...and thanks@tracieknits for starting us off! X
Oh poor you @madcatlady! Hope you' ll soon be better x
Support and camaraderie on a fast day threads are such a help, but so is this on a non fast day! Thanks so much @Sassy1 and@Tracieknits for starting up here. I've been keeping below TDEE using MFP, and achieved it largely to the fast days low counts. Now I will try to stay at or below TDEE each day which is a step further. (The break-time cakes and biscuits at school are hard to walk past and it seems everyone is eating them. So I'll drink another coffee instead.)
Great idea @Tracieknits. I think I'm doing ok today but the day isnt over yet!!!
Tracieknits wrote: @Sassy1 and @Lizbean were talking about a chat thread for sticking to your TDEE on a non-fast day, so I thought I would make one.

Great idea both of you! :like: :star: :star:
One day a while ago I felt that I needed a "Not Fasting Today" thread, but didn't think of starting it, so thank you! Yesterday was a case in point, too easily tempted, and today I'm out with a friend this morning. When I first lost weight it was definitely because I kept well within TDEE on weekdays. Lower TDEE means that my 'normal eating' has to be less than my head (and my husband) thinks. :razz:
Thanks @Tracieknits :like: I'm fasting tomorrow and I want to do well this week as I'm drifting up towards my upper maintenance range. So today is going to be a mindful day for me. I'll report back later on my progress :wink: I've yet to plan the menu!
Hi, I am not fasting today and for some time now have not had breakfast in the morning (more like late morning - midday at the earliest). So in effect I have been Intermittent fasting for most of the time. I have been finding strict fasts more difficult lately - they have become more like 750-800cals fasts, possibly due to some kind of fasting fatigue. When every day becomes either a fast day or and Intermittend fast day there could be some kind of mental rebellion/sabotaging going on. So today I am taking the traditional 3 meal approach with fruit as a pick me up. My gut tells me that it is good to change things about a bit. No Intermittent fasting for me on non fast days for a while.

So I had breakfast at 8am with one big slice of ham, 1 fried egg, 1 red pepper and a few small tomatoes + a cup of coffee. I am fully satisfied and reckon I had around 300cals. I have chosen a protein breakfast because carb breakfasts (toast) make me feel as hungry by midday as if I hadn't eaten at all.
So now I have 1150 calories left 150 of which I intend to use on 2 pieces of fresh fruit and the remaining 1000 calories on statisfying lunch and supper. Having got used to fast days of less than 500cals 1,000 cals does not seem so disappointingly little. I am keeping my carbs down to one meal a day and wondering if the reason a lot of diets work is partly because of a "changing a system"
Hi everyone, thanks for all the thanks but it wasn't my idea, though I definitely need to make use of this thread!

@Lizbean raised the idea in Peebles thread on 102 fasts in a year, as a result of the discussion we had been having, and MaryAnn noted that it had been tried before, she thinks by cblasz.

So thanks to @Tracieknits for making it happen, and Lizbean for raising the idea. :)

NB I have had a very busy day today, so this is the first chance I have had to check out the forum, which is why it has taken so long for me to ensure credit is given where it is actually due. :D
Brilliant thread to keep us honest, well done folks!

So far today I'm on 470 cals from 2 soft boiled organic large eggs with a little iodised salt, 2 cups Clipper organic coffee with double cream, 3 slices organic double Gloucester cheese, stick of celery. Two teaspoons of coconut butter.
Water, water, water, filtered or carbonated with a slice of lemon.
Dinner is cooking in the crockpot:- 2 duck legs and various vegetables (leek, celery, red onion, white and sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms with a little tarragon, thyme and rosemary and Kallo organic chicken stock).
Dessert is half a Co Yo coconut yogurt.
There's 3 squares of Lindt 99% chocolate if needed too :0)
I'm hoping that will come in under 1500 cals but I'll have to add it up later, after the grandsons have gone home.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
140 posts Page 1 of 10