The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

50 posts Page 1 of 4
Optimal October
30 Sep 2013, 23:40
This is the month, ladies and gents, when we make the most of our great WOE.
For many, we're looking forward to winter; for others, down under, it's a summer in sight. Either way there's Christmas on the horizon.
Let's make the most of it with optimal October; lose those excess pounds and inspire each other with optimal October.
Share your successes, hopes, calamities and weight losses here...
Re: Optimal October
30 Sep 2013, 23:44
I am in maintenance. I just purchased a fitbit and have joined the 5:2 community. My goal is to increase activity.

Love the title pennyforthem! :heart:
30 Sep 2013, 23:46
Like your thinking Penny!! I too am making the most of this month, I have woken up this morning positive and focussed. Now, just got to get outside in the pouring rain and reconnect the downpipes from the roof to the watertank that collapsed in the night :frown:

Debs
30 Sep 2013, 23:50
Good post Penny. I just joined and plan on fasting alternate days. I hope to be a bit slimmer by Christmas.
01 Oct 2013, 01:38
Heres to October Penny. Did my first fast yesterday after 2 weeks off and 2.5 kilo gain. On the scales this morning and I've dropped a kilo. Yes it might be water but heres hoping this is a great start to the month. :grin:
01 Oct 2013, 02:11
I agree! Very inspirational :)
I've watched my parents get some amazing results doing this WOE for the last six months, also very inspirational!
01 Oct 2013, 09:33
I would love to join you all. Although I am in maintenance the weight has crept up a bit. Had a Chinese buffet on Sunday (my sons request for his birthday) and I have put on 3lb. Horror and shock. So bring on Optimal October and good luck to everybody else who wants to go a bit extra this month.
01 Oct 2013, 09:48
October is the last of my fast for weight loss before I embark on maintainance and building muscle and to totally revamp what I do and how I do things. Its an exciting time for me as I hope I get to the magical number!!
01 Oct 2013, 19:49
I'm in! I'm also on Maintenence ish but finding it hard to stay there without the weight creeping up. I'm hoping this will be a stable month with my weight staying where it is at the mo or slightly under.

It is, however, when we are going on holiday to Thailand! Not sure if the two are compatible but here's hoping. I'm going to be optimistic in optimal October :)
01 Oct 2013, 20:07
Yes I'm in for the Optimal October :heart:
All my plans for Sept didn't come off. But my Goal
of losing 3 stone ( 42 lbs ) well yes I made it. I've a holiday in 2 weeks time so when I return my next mini goal it to hopefully reach my interim goal for Christmas :heart:
Plus my much reported ''firming up '' phase yes I'm into that in a big way for October onwards, will report back on those results :clover: Sue
01 Oct 2013, 20:12
Opt to continue the downwards trajectory to my healthy BMI so be glad to join you all :)
01 Oct 2013, 20:28
I'm in for Optimal October. Lets have a great month everyone :)
Dee
01 Oct 2013, 20:32
I'm in, September wasn't too bad at all and I'm about 2 weeks away from my interim goal so looking forward to achieving that this month :smile:
01 Oct 2013, 22:02
I'm hoping you have a snappy name for November as I know there are 2 weeks this month when 5:2 or any of its variations are just not going to happen!
01 Oct 2013, 22:12
September for me has meant fasting/ repairing/ cheating!/cal counting/
clothes a bit looser/feeling quite a bit healthier but not losing weight,just an inch here n there.
For My Optimal October i want to continue getting healthier - which is what attracted me to the diet - but this month what i really am aiming for is to see a better inch loss!
Good luck everyone for a great month ahead!x
50 posts Page 1 of 4