The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

50 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: Optimal October
01 Oct 2013, 22:26
I'm in, Penny - did not lose any real weight (only about 200gm) in Sept - but did not gain any either!

But did lose that last half an inch from waist to reach first mini-goal - today finally went to M&S to buy new trousers ... :shock: :bugeyes: and ... guess what, out of 6 pairs of size 12s tried on, 5 actually fitted !!!!!!!! :victory: first time in size 12s for about 15 years :cool:

No I did not buy all five - just bought 2 :smile: - so now need to work at keeping myself in those size 12s ... and need all the help I can get :grin:
01 Oct 2013, 22:52
Silver darling well done for size 12

I can but wish I will be doing the same in November myself
02 Oct 2013, 01:21
This year I expect October to be anything but optimal. The kids (on flex schedules) are home for two weeks off school. We have a Carribean Cruise and then Halloween. So, Octoberfest it is...followed shortly by Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yeah. I am a little concerned...but last year went fairly well under similar circumstances. If I can get through the whole month without more than a couple pounds gain it will be a success in my book.
02 Oct 2013, 01:44
Of course I'll join all you fine fasting folks for Optimal October!

I am so pleased to have a slope downward on my trendlines... so very pleased.

So, downward we go! :)
02 Oct 2013, 07:15
We have a big family reunion on the 2nd November. Some of the cousins I haven't seen for over 20 years, so I HAVE to look the best I can.
I've already bought a dress which I feel good in.
Good luck everyone.
02 Oct 2013, 07:55
Me too, I'm in, no specific goals, just keep the downward trend (albeit v slow) on the downward slope.

Ooh well done Silverdarling on the size 12s xx
02 Oct 2013, 08:13
This is a great idea Penny, let's do this! I would like to lose 1 kg by the end of October. I'm now at the high 57 kgs, and in the past I'm always stuck around this weight (and eventually gain weight again) and find it so difficult to break to the 56's. I've seen good result in September and I hope this WOE will keep the trend line going down. I also wanna keep up with exercises and be more fit.

Looking forward to hear how everyone do this month! :smile:
03 Oct 2013, 14:32
Looking forward to October, been plateaued a bit but I'm revamping my exercise regime as I have been doing this one for several months now, I'm hoping that shaking it up will lead to a kick start and get me head toward my goal!

Have revised my goal down again slightly to 8st 10lbs. Approaching 9 stone, my original goal, I still have some wobbly bits that I'd like to get rid off so I'm hoping that another half stone will do the trick.

Good luck everyone, hope October is outstanding for us all! :) x
03 Oct 2013, 16:29
My Optimal October is off to a good start. :heart:
1st weigh-in off the month and I've lost 3*5 kg
my tiny cheat is got on scales day earlier because I'm out tonight
for an Indian buffet meal. so no way was I jumping on in the morning.
How is it going for the rest of you?
Good. Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
03 Oct 2013, 16:43
I think I'm off to a decent start, but the scales and tape measure will tell the story on Saturday no doubt. Its our 25th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks time and we have a week of celebrations and alot of meals out ahead, so I'm trying to prepare myself :smile:
03 Oct 2013, 20:48
Just thought I would announce that...

I AM GOING SHOPPING TOMORROW.

Sorry for shouting it, but... heck it was yelled at the top of my lungs!!

Undies and tops desperately needed!
03 Oct 2013, 20:55
PennyForthem wrote: Just thought I would announce that...

I AM GOING SHOPPING TOMORROW.

Sorry for shouting it, but... heck it was yelled at the top of my lungs!!

Undies and tops desperately needed!

What about bottoms?? Judging by that pic the other day, you really need some new ones :lol: :lol: :lol:
03 Oct 2013, 20:59
Yes, if a size 12 fits, I'll buy it!
03 Oct 2013, 21:03
Well I don't know Penny :heart:
Last week it was baggy trousers , and now this week its baggy knickers
Happy shopping :heart: I've just had a little surprise on an evening meal out with friends and one discreetly passed me a bag on going to my lift home containing 2 tops looks like one will fit but I'm keeping the 2nd ready for when i can get into it ( can't e bothered trying tonight)
Night night baggy nicks :heart: Sue
03 Oct 2013, 21:15
I am delighted today :lol: The 3lb I put on with my Chinese meal on Sunday are away again. I have been good doing my two fast days and two 16/8 days. I hope I can keep going for the rest of the Month. Good luck all optimum octoberers :clover:
50 posts Page 2 of 4