The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

63 posts Page 5 of 5
It's seems to me that there is a wide range of opinions on what binge and starve means. Our personal definitions seem to vary:

A true binge from my point of view is like a bullimic or a serial overeater who just does not know when to stop. I have never done this. I do confess though use the term loosely for straightforward overeating which most people do from time to time, eg celebrations, stress etc.

Starving to me is someone who consistently under eats, anorexic, takes in no food for a very extended period.

This WOE actually encourages variability in calorie intake to trick the body a bit so I wonder if we are purely challenging the conventional boundaries of what is currently considered 'normal' eating (aka consistent calorie intake). And right now, everyone has a different approach to that. So for example a 36 hr liquid or zero calorie fast might seem hardcore to some fasters and someone who has a massive carb refeed day once a week might also seem extreme to some.
I need to be careful with this because I had anorexia and bulimia for 20 years. I am nearly 2 years purge free :victory: :victory:
Well done for reaching nearly 2 years purge-free. I hope 5:2 (or 4:3 which I see you are following at the moment) provides the right balance for you.
63 posts Page 5 of 5