The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

46 posts Page 1 of 4
The Tracker Entry of Shame
28 Dec 2015, 19:46
Self-explanatory.

4 lbs up since the 23rd. 3 lbs over my maintenance limit.

Please tell me I am not alone !
Re: The Tracker Entry of Shame
28 Dec 2015, 22:05
Gained 2kg over Christmas. You are not alone.
29 Dec 2015, 08:09
At least you had the guts to weigh..... I'm sure you are not alone and I imagine the forums will be busy over the next few weeks :like:
29 Dec 2015, 08:49
I bet that 4lbs will be gone within a week of normality - no way it is extra fat/tissue, just salty water and (possibly) idleness. I am carrying a couple of extra pounds at the moment too...
29 Dec 2015, 09:11
I also think it's only a water gain or a kind of transition, not fatty weight. Maybe you could do a kind of 16/8 this week before New Year's Eve ?

I have no idea if I gained weight or not and, to be honest, I don't want to know. I still want to enjoy Christmases treats but with enough moderation that I should still eat Christmas chocolates in March :cool: :razz:
29 Dec 2015, 12:55
Me and my 78.2kgs join you! Fasting today, just don't want to eat anymore. All shall be well :0)
29 Dec 2015, 16:55
Never feel ashamed Barb..we're only human, and it was Christmas after all,and will be mainly water retention..and anyway i for one have always admired your positivity and how focused you always are! :like: ..
And i know i' m not alone in seeing you as a role model ( whereas i am a roll model ! :wink: i have plenty of them and extra coz of crimbo treats but i wouldn't have missed the feasty treats for all the world! X)
30 Dec 2015, 00:00
I weighed this morning despite having vowed not to. I appear to have 3lbs to lose. They can wait until January!
30 Dec 2015, 08:14
I'm one kilo down after yesterday's fast, hurrah!
I also feel brighter, more awake, which is just as well with bouncy grandsons to amuse this afternoon :0)
May The Fast be with you :like: :clover: :heart: :smile: :geek: :wink:
30 Dec 2015, 09:26
Oh yes, my weight is up as well but I just feel so horrible inside, roll on January when I can get myself back into fasting properly.
30 Dec 2015, 10:21
How appropriate topic!
I was only 1 kg up after Christmas, but this week is much more horrible for me, I guess I will be 2-3 kg up.
I want to restart on January 1st. Hopefully the excess weight will go away quickly. But you know what? It was totally worth it :D
30 Dec 2015, 14:06
Oh dear! I was 121.2 lbs just before Christmas Day and I was very good on the day as we went out for Christmas lunch to a local hotel and as it was a buffet I could choose what I ate. However, since then we have been meeting friends, usually in their homes. To be honest I didn't fancy most of the food on offer, but you can't sit there for 2 -3 hours with an empty plate especially with people saying 'it's only once a year, enjoy yourself' and most of it was home cooked. Drinks not a problem as I only drink water / diet coke / hot chocolate. Not only that, my tummy has been rebelling ever since and having been exposed to sweet items I am finding it more difficult to stay away from them. However, it's not over yet, as we've booked into a hotel and will be indulging in a gala dinner on NYE and a brunch on New Year Day. Anyway I sneaked onto the scales this morning to see what the damage is and horrified to be 125.4 lbs. So, I'll definitely be joining the January challenge as I want to get back down below 119 lbs as soon as I can and feel more comfortable!
30 Dec 2015, 14:48
Me, too, barbarita--you're definitely not alone :cry:
30 Dec 2015, 20:11
Add me to the list @barbarita. :cry: I've just put up a post about my self-induced sabotage. I'm too scared to step on the scale! And our holiday damage isn't over, yet... I haven't sung! (as in, "the fat lady has sung".)
31 Dec 2015, 17:50
I'm afraid. I was doing well until Christmas Eve. We've had family EVERY DAY since then, with too much alcohol which always leads to too much food. And they don't leave until the 2nd.

I may not weigh myself until mid-January. I'd like 1 week of being well-behaved first.
46 posts Page 1 of 4