The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

54 posts Page 2 of 4
We are off on a two week holiday on Easter Saturday, to warmer climes, so I will have Easter Eggs at home waiting for my return! I have decided to give myself a break for this time, try and eat 'normally', do plenty of walking and get straight back onto the 5:2 diet on my return (which is one of my fast days!)
Having written this, I have announced to you all my intentions, so I'm going to have to do it!! :smile: or I'll never be able to come back on here again.. and I find the support of this forum really helpful, especially on fast days.
Eldest son, his wife and 2 year old son coming for the weekend, Saturday we all go visit youngest son and family. I will make a slo-hot-pot tomorrow and it'll be salad and pizza on Saturday. No doubt chocolate eggs will abound so I shall hope for the best but not be anti-social about it. There's always Monday to fast properly and also the following Friday to get another in before The Big Monthly Weigh In.
Happy Easter everyone :0)
I've already done some baking and will be cooking our usual meal. I'm just going to go with it and get back on track next week. I'm not going to go crazy but I want to enjoy the long weekend that we have planned. I met a friend for lunch and am going to a get together tonight, so my weekend has begun. April should be a calm month, so I'm hoping to really make some progress!
It's only one week end out of 52 so I'm just going to go with the flow & enjoy it, it's also our 34th wedding anniversary on Saturday so hoping to be wined & dined! :wink:
I had planned a treat for after work, two hot cross buns! Then my daughter arrives with some chocolate ...I now feel quite ill, first time I have eaten white carb or chocolate for weeks and really do not want my evening meal!! I am shocked by my reaction...normally I would of eaten at least four buns and finished the chocolate off without stopping....
We're away at a hotel for Easter, so meals out, hotel breakfasts and pub lunches for 4 days. Plus easter eggs, HCB etc.

Then it won't be easy to fast next week, as kids schools holidays, and lots of social things planned.

So not sure what will happen really.
I am going away for a week and I am going to enjoy myself, then I am going to visit my grandchildren and enjoy that too. Then I am going to come home and hope I haven't put on too much weight. Life is too short to be ruled by food.
You're so right. This is going to be a special weekend. I'll enjoy it, then work hard at exercise etc when I get back, and go back to 5:2 after the school hols.
My family are no longer coming for lunch over the Easter weekend, just as well because I don't want to infect anyone with Amoebic Dysentery & I'm still waiting for my test results. We will have roast leg of lamb but I will moderate quantities but no alcohol with the medication I am still taking. I think I will try fasting on Tuesday because I don't want to gain any weight that I have lost since coming back from Egypt & I do want to join the forum weigh in!
I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. :star: :star:
Love how you all talk about hot cross buns and I have never had one in my life ! Easter will be a feast day of not depriving myself of anything but just keeping portion size in mind. The nice thing about this WOE is that I no longer can eat a huge amount. Can you send a hot cross bun across the ocean so I can sample one ? Or maybe I shouldn't......
I'm going to enjoy it, if it means I eat a little too much so be it, I'll get back on track on Monday. I plan to eat mindfully, hopefully I don't say heck with it and just blow it out the water lol.
:smile: I'm fasting today in prep. Tomz roast beef but won't have lunch, just breakfast and late roast.
Sat be a normal feed day. Sunday easter party, just going to enjoy it. Monday normal feed day, back on fast day tuesday. :smile:

The weird thing is, last week I had a massive social week. 2 meals out plus afternoon tea with cake etc. I was totally expecting no loss but I'd lost 3lb!

So I do think that sometimes it works better if you stick to tdee on feed days and not be tempted to go too low calorie wise on those days. :grin:
Interesting thread. Easter here will come in 5+ weeks but I think that I have already planned it in my head.
Since the week before Easter is Lent anyway, I plan to do a 4:3 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I won't be eating any meat, chicken, fish or dairy anyway, nor I'll be drinking any alcohol so it will be like a proper diet everyday.
Saturday will be all-day-waiting for the big dinner after midnight and I usually don't eat much anyway.
Sunday will be a cholesterol festival with the lamb on the spit, eggs, cheese and other meat and intestines nibbles.
Depending on what I see on my scales on Monday, I'll either go for 5:2 or 4:3 and even out the 2.000 calories of Saturday and 4.000 calories of Sunday, LOL!
Good thing that there are any hot cross buns or any decent Easter eggs in Greece so no temptation there for me. We have some sort of sweet bread but I rarely eat it around Easter and I save it for post-Easter breakies.
Dsmith30 wrote: The nice thing about this WOE is that I no longer can eat a huge amount.

Fasting Friday and again on Monday, Easter dinner will take care of itself because I physically can't overeat anymore. :cool:
On any other diet I would say I was going to handle Easter very badly. However on this WOL I'm going to chill out and enjoy. :wink:
54 posts Page 2 of 4