The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

54 posts Page 4 of 4
Hello everyone! Been lurking and this is my first post.
I'd love to send a hot cross bun to you americans. No hot cross buns? Poor things! :razz: I can recommend a recipe though.

I've tried various recipes before with not much success but I've made 2 good batches of this recipe that was on TV recently. I often find bread recipes so much easier to copy when I get to watch it being done rather than just trying to follow it on paper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BC01nOHBo
The clip will no doubt vanish at some point when the BBC notice it!

Recipe here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/hot_cross_buns_74750

Slightly different recipe than usual as it has apple and orange rind in it. (Personally I would double the spice, or maybe add nutmeg).

I'll be fasting on monday :smile:
I have walked further with the dogs this morning than I have in probably the last 4/5 years! It was rather chilly, but we at least have sparkling sunshine.
I shall enjoy my posh lunch out, too.
Thank you, 5:2!!
I started this diet last week, but should have waited until 2nd April to start. I have eaten so much since my last fast day on Thursday that I suspect I will gain weight after this weekend. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow so the overeating is set to continue. Oh well... Easter only comes round once a year. I am determined to start doing the diet properly next week and hope to be able to report success with it, like so many other people on here. :victory:
I had a hot cross bun for breakfast but without butter so I do feel virtuous but one son is now coming for lunch tomorrow so roast lamb & all the trimmings. Unfortunately no wine for me because of still taking Dysentery medication!
I will be fasting on Tuesday instead of Monday next week.
Im trying not to think about this weekend, had a friends hen night yesterday and chocolate today.....will do a 4:3 next week to compensate!
Oh Isis, that thing is really giving you a hard time. Hope you're A-OK very soon!!!
Thank you very much TML13.
I am feeling much better & hooray I have just taken my last tablet, but alcohol is a no no for another 48 hours because of nasty side effects with my medication. I am really looking forward to lunch & seeing my eldest son & telling him about our holiday in Egypt which was brilliant & I have learnt so much about ancient & modern Egypt. It is well worth visiting. :smile:
Well, Easter is over and I was semi-successful with it! I exercised on Saturday and Monday, though last night, had way too many nibbles. When I got on the scales today, I'd gained 2.5 lbs, but I suspect that will be just water from the extra carbs I had last night.

I am on a fast day today and I expect to see the results of that tomorrow! Have to admit, today's fast day is quite a struggle, probably because I've had 4 days of not really paying any attention to what I was eating...so I'm having huge carb cravings! I am pushing through though!

One added benefit of having 2 fast days, is that I cannot give in half-way through the day. If I give in today, I would then have to fast Weds and Fri or Thurs and sat....and I really value having a little extra calories to play with on weekends. So, one slip up today, results in me losing a whole week....which I do not want!

It's cool, the psychological effects here!
Isis wrote: Thank you very much TML13.
I am feeling much better & hooray I have just taken my last tablet, but alcohol is a no no for another 48 hours because of nasty side effects with my medication. I am really looking forward to lunch & seeing my eldest son & telling him about our holiday in Egypt which was brilliant & I have learnt so much about ancient & modern Egypt. It is well worth visiting. :smile:

One more day and you'll be good to drink! HOORAY!!!
54 posts Page 4 of 4