The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
I've just finished reading a book which says that doing your two weekly fasts back to back have better results on the scales?

Is there anybody out there that does back to back for more than one week and have you found this to be true ?
Hiya!
I've done 3-days of the Neera detox (that's a syrup that you dilute in water and drink it with lemon and hot pepper) which means that I don't eat any food apart from a muesli bar and a cup of coffee in the mornings.
The result is -3 kilos but if I eat normally the next days I gain one back.
I usually do this twice in two weeks pre-holiday, so that I will gain the weight I lost and not extra weight during my holiday. In two weeks I lose 4 to 5 kilos (6 days of Neera detox, 8 days of normal eating).

Although I haven't done it for a while (my stomach is currently in a bad mood) I might do it after Easter because I will definitely need some detoxing after all the cholesterol that I will consume.
my parents do back to back fasts and still average 1lb a week
I'm DEFINITELY no expert but I just finished my 6th fast and have been doing consecutive days for 3 weeks now. I'm still at 1 lb per week. I do find it easier just to power through 2 days though, I can't really explain it but I'm just in a better mental framework of fasting if I know I have two days in a row to get through.
This is all very interesting - i average 0.6 lb a week doing split fasts so think just for experiments sake may give back to back a go next week.

Interesting you say that improves your mental state Jm1251 as it said something along the lines of that in the book also said to produce more of the Growth hormone which stimulates the fat burning process :)

TML13 thats impressive weight loss where do you source the syrup from?
It's sold in stores with organic products here in Athens but I see that you can get it from Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/Neera-Natural-Mad ... 913&sr=1-1

It's not just an impressive weight loss it's also that the syrup somehow reduces the appetite and you don't feel hungry. Although I cheat a bit (with the coffee and the muesli bar) I still see very good results.
My mum's friend did it for 10 days and she lost 8 kilos! She gained back the 2 but still... my mum says she looks fab!!!
Palm and maple syrups? Can't see how that could reduce your appetite. The benefits have to come from the fasting not the sugary drink!
I've no idea. I just know that I'm not hungry...
The Fastdiet says not to make the fasting consecutive.

But then again, I've skimmed through a book on-line called The 2 Day Diet, and they say to make the 2 days consecutive. I don't like that plan, because although it's advertised as "eating normally" for the other 5 days, you really have to follow their eating plan (like the old food exchange plans on Weight Watchers). Not for me. I'll be be doing the non-consecutive days like Michael Mosley suggests. But I think the science is fairly new, so if it works for you, go for it.
Why can't you do back to back? I thought in the original programme that is exactly what was done.

Personally I do back to back because I find it easier to just get through it. However I don't calorie count on the other days. I want toknow if there are other reasons why back to back may be less optimal than say Monday and Thursday with a gap
Notsowise, I don't have the book by me now, but I'll look it up and log back on later with Mosley's reason.
There's confusion here between 2 different- and I hate using the term - diets. The 2 day diet and the fast diet aren't the same. The fast diet, as described by dr mosely, and which this forum is for, says you can do any 2 days you like, but that consecutive days are more difficult. The 2 day diet, which the daily mail promotes, says that the 2 days should be consecutive to maximise the benefits of fasting.
12 posts Page 1 of 1