The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

38 posts Page 2 of 3
I make a point of NOT commenting on a persons weight loss, after all I wouldn't comment on someone's weight going the other way would I? I simply tell someone how well/healthy/fit they look.
My husband told me yesterday that my bum looks smaller.
I'm definitely going to take that as a compliment!!lol!
I've lost 32 lbs and still not had one comment. I think it's obvious when you lose in your face, and mine hasn't changed a bit yet. I'm also still in the same size clothes so hoping when I go down a dress size someone will notice. My shoe size has gone down from 5 to 4 which is what I've found more bizarre!
Haylow, I'm staggered that you can lose as much as 32lbs and still be in the same clothes! I'm sure that peopel will star commenting on yiur loss soon. You are doing brilliantly.
I find that French people don't really comment on weight loss either, it was the same for me at work. A friend of mine commented after I lost 6kgs but she is a dietician. And my OH who noticed I was bonier, which maybe isn't such a good thing.
A friend of mine, whom I see once or twice a week, told me she could see weight loss in my face this weekend. I've only lost 2.8kg and lost that my first week and none in the 2 weeks since. DH hasn't noticed anything.

I'm in a very tight skirt today, with some controlling underpants underneath, and I can barely breathe! But when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror it doesn't look as bad as I dread. Can't wait till it just fits nicely :-)
I think it was after the 3rd kilo but they still tell me although I don't see much difference since then.
I've lost 8 kilos and haven't had any comments - yet :-) But I've dropped a size in clothes and it feels great!
I have been doing this for over 6 months and only just got comments (apart from husband) in the past month.

I have lost 16 lbs slowly (intend to keep it off forever) and just gone down a dress size. I lose it from all over so maybe hard to notice, but recently wearing summer clothes in a smaller size it is probably more obvious. Also I think with this WOE you lose more in inches so look slimmer for less loss (if you see what I mean)

It is such a novel experience to pick up a size 16 (my old size) and think 'no, that looks much too big for me'! I can't get used to it. I know it is only one size but I have been wearing a 16 for so many years. Sometimes they get tight, sometimes loose, but this is the first time I have dieted and really felt that they are just too big for me. Sorry for rambling but it is so exciting!
Well I had three people compliment me on my figure yesterday, two of them women and one my husband - to be fair he didn't and wouldn't comment on my size, but he did make his appreciation of the new skinny jeans and fitted top I was wearing very clear :oops: so I was pretty chuffed :grin:

Harlow, I hope people notice soon, its such a boost. With regard to the dropping dress size; I know that the bigger I was, the more I pushed the limit of 'fitting' my clothes and also they tended to be more accommodating. I remember well that first time around I was in a 16-18 (absolutely kidding myself and must have looked awful) and it took forever to slim out of my clothes. What really happened is that they started to fit well, then they were a bit loose, and in fact by the time I bought new ones I had bypassed size 14s and went straight to 12s. I also wear smaller shoes, which is very annoying when I look as some of the bigger ones I've still got lurking but can't wear comfortably.
Winsome... INSOLES!!!
Most of my shoes are half size bigger (I can't find my exact size in most shops) and I use insoles all the time.
TML, I have a wardrobe of insoles, but they don't always solve the problem. I find that especially with high heeled court shoes, they push my toes up uncomfortably. What I need is something to fill out the sides or the backs. I have tried those thing that stick on the back (in the heel area) and find that they tend to rub and also come unstuck very quickly :frown: Never mind, it's good to find that some shoes that were tight are now fitting very well, and a good excuse to buy more.
My proper weight loss was 2 years ago (after being pretty much overweight all my adult life) and most of it was lost over the summer so there were lots of people I didn't see due to holidays etc so they all commented when we got back together in September and I had lost about 2 stone (and 2 sizes) from when I started in July. In fact a number of people very tentatively enquired to make sure I had not been ill etc. before congratulating me. So I think it really depends on your environment, around here my friends and acquaintances really tend not to comment (either way). And if they see you most days then the change s more subtle so less likely to elicit any comment. Just like you don't really notice your kids growing, and then suddenly realise how much they've grown..

Right *now* I'm in a different place - in the last 12 months I have slowly put back on about 4kilos over my lowest weight. *I* can see they're here but my friends insist that it doesn't show. And it possibly doesn't, after all my 'small' clothes still fit... Maybe they've all stretched horribly ;-)
Winsome wrote: TML, I have a wardrobe of insoles, but they don't always solve the problem. I find that especially with high heeled court shoes, they push my toes up uncomfortably. What I need is something to fill out the sides or the backs. I have tried those thing that stick on the back (in the heel area) and find that they tend to rub and also come unstuck very quickly :frown: Never mind, it's good to find that some shoes that were tight are now fitting very well, and a good excuse to buy more.

You need something like that: http://anorthosis.com.gr/product.php?productid=16570 (the text is in Greek but you'll get the picture).
They are for sandals but they work miracles with any pair of high heels.
38 posts Page 2 of 3