The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: weighing yourself everyday?
26 May 2013, 14:58
I like to weigh every day. It's not because I'm obsessed, but I have to be 100% focused on what I'm doing, otherwise I get lazy and the weight slowly creeps back on.
27 May 2013, 05:44
badtzmaru5 wrote: I fast on Tues and Thurs, and weigh myself everyday. It's funny to see the super low weigh-in on Friday, and then the steady increase every day til Weds! I actually overindulged yesterday (so says the scale this morning!), so I might do a modified fast today. So there is some benefit to the daily weighing, I think.

Agree, my weight is so steady these days that i can see a cause and effect "the morning after" if i over indulged on a "feast day". the scariest weigh ins for me is Sunday morning after 4 feast days.

If you do go over you can do a bit of a restricted eating pattern for the next day.

Forewarned is foreamed!
27 May 2013, 07:10
Yep, Im the same, daily weighs keep me on track.

TML, everything in Greece comes with feta, but what exactly is a "scabby dog"!!
27 May 2013, 07:41
Haaaa haaaaaa a "scabby dog" is an expression. "I could eat a scabby dog" which means "I'm very hungry, I could eat anything/everything"! It was just a joke, not an actual recipe. ;-)
27 May 2013, 07:55
You would be very hungry. We sometimes say Im so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider..
27 May 2013, 07:58
The Greek expression is "I'm as hungry as a gay man". I did read the explanation for that in a book once but for the love of God I can't remember it!!!
51 posts Page 4 of 4