The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: weighing yourself everyday?
21 May 2013, 09:52
I weigh every day but only count my once a week weigh in after my second fast. I have started to use the fatwatch iPhone app too.
25 May 2013, 23:17
Well I've just finished my week of experimenting with daily rather than once a week weigh in and in the end I think I'm going to be once a week girl.
I found the "numbers" too distracting up and down everyday I found I wasn't enjoying the week at all and questioned everything I was eating on fast and non fast day . At the end of week I've only lost 25gms :confused: after 4 weeks of quite big drops, now it might be I'm just settling down after starting getting rid of water weight etc or the stress of the week has played a part I don't know so I think once a week from here on out for me will be enough :smile:
25 May 2013, 23:37
I weigh daily but only really count the end of week weight.

I fast Mondays and Wednesdays, with a semi fast day in Friday (decreased calories but not rigidly sticking to 600 calories). Tally or tracker weigh in s Sundays, the day before the next fast.

My reasoning for the daily weigh ins? Curiosity. I was curious as to when I lost, how much, and more importantly how much I gained between fasts. It's a little feedback on my eating on non fast days.

It has also given some interesting results. Up until this week, my first month as averaged about 1.2kg loss per week, with a see saw effect freight loss after at days and slight gains after feast days, with a net loss of about 1.2kg by the end of the week.

This week, even though I stuck rigidly to the fast days, my loss was minimal after fast days, somewhere in the realms of 100 to 200 gms lst. But interestingly net gain on feast days was also restricted to about 100gms, even though I did not change my habits. Then it all fell apart with illness and birthdays. Net effect of the week was 200gms up.

BUT, this was also the first week I have had any loss in my waist measurements, with a drop of 1.5cm.

Not sure how to decipher the results, but would be interested to see if this continues as life hopefully returns to normal.
26 May 2013, 04:15
Seems many do weigh daily so im not unusual. As i mentioned earlier, i do it to remind myself of my new way of life.

Still keep getting a better result on the morning after fast day (by 400 grams). I guess its expected cause ive burned up the very few calories i ate during my fast day through normal activites.
26 May 2013, 10:56
I fast on Tues and Thurs, and weigh myself everyday. It's funny to see the super low weigh-in on Friday, and then the steady increase every day til Weds! I actually overindulged yesterday (so says the scale this morning!), so I might do a modified fast today. So there is some benefit to the daily weighing, I think.
26 May 2013, 11:56
Must confess... when I don't spend the weekend at home (so I can't weigh on Sunday and Monday), I find myself paying more attention to what I'm eating on Sunday because I'm scared of what I'll see on Tuesday. It's a good way to not eat two scabby dogs, one on Saturday and one on Sunday!
26 May 2013, 12:48
I weigh every couple of days, I'm not sure why really, I only really pay attention to my weight on Saturdays when I record it.

Otherwise I'm like you TML when I'm not at home, I stress about weight gain a couple of days before coming home and behave myself, whereas if I eat too much at home and the scale doesn't show it I might well continue until I see an increase. I sometimes wonder if I would lose a lot more weight if I didn't weigh myself so often?!
26 May 2013, 13:30
Nicky, I would be sooooo fat if I didn't weigh myself everyday. Like, doors-expanding fat!!! Daily weighing is the only thing that kept me thin for many years and also alerted me when I gained the thyroid weight in such sort time.
26 May 2013, 14:02
TML13 wrote: Nicky, I would be sooooo fat if I didn't weigh myself everyday.

Me too. It is really the only way I can keep track of things and take measures before it is too late. It is far easier to lose a couple of pounds than a couple of stones!
26 May 2013, 14:06
Scabby dogs? Is that a Greek speciality?
26 May 2013, 14:12
I was weighing daily in the beginning, but was becoming so obsessed I only weighed once a week and recorded the results on the monthly forum weigh in.
I bought new digital scales with the water and fat facility, and have decided to weigh in everyday, as my new scales are weighing 3 kilos more that the old ones....boo hoo!
Now I'll need to alter all my stats on the progress tracker before the next weigh in.
I'm using true weight app too.
26 May 2013, 14:20
Jed, yes! we serve it with feta, LOL!
26 May 2013, 14:32
Bellalou wrote: I was weighing daily in the beginning, but was becoming so obsessed I only weighed once a week and recorded the results on the monthly forum weigh in.
I bought new digital scales with the water and fat facility, and have decided to weigh in everyday, as my new scales are weighing 3 kilos more that the old ones....boo hoo!
Now I'll need to alter all my stats on the progress tracker before the next weigh in.

so it says you weigh 3 kg more than you do?? that's a pain! is there any way to adjust the scale?
26 May 2013, 14:54
Bellalou wrote: I was weighing daily in the beginning, but was becoming so obsessed I only weighed once a week and recorded the results on the monthly forum weigh in.

Digital scales are very unforgiving! I always thought my not so old old digtal scales weighed heavier than I actually was, until I bought my new Tanita fat/water all singing and dancing scales a couple of months ago. They weighed me at exactly the same as the other digital scales :neutral:
51 posts Page 3 of 4