The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 3 of 4
OwnedByCats wrote:
carorees wrote: Leather can't shrink can it???

Sure it can. Just ask O.J. Simpson . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
:rotfl:
Wow. So many great comments and the general thread feeling is that people are not at all concerned about 5:2 in comparison to other regimes.

This is great news indeed.

BTW. I send all my ast ofs to charity, and haven't really purchased much new gear, but am happily fitting into some old old favorites.
3 little progressions today -

washed the dress I wore yesterday, and about to take it to charity shop,

repaired and altered 2 items, which I'm going to get some wear out of, before I shrink out of them

Bought a lovely summary top and skirt from Oxfam which might be a bit tight, but will soon be perfect :grin:
I need to go shopping. Seriously, with all this sun.....

But. Tried some tops on over the weekend, and got a bit down to realise how big I still am.

I know, I know, just keep going and it will keep coming off.....

Still not weighing myself, and I think I'm overdoing it on feed days, but but but but...

No idea what I'm saying here really. As you were.
Onwards and Downwards Swedey, you'll soon be able to buy clothes you love, and look great on you.
So the frock I wore today is a bit baggy. I'm going to give it to charity tomoz, but I altered it when I got it, so have removed the alterations tonight, but its a bit damaged. So I'm wondering about the ethics of clothes that you effectively rent from a charity shop by buying them, wearing for a few months, then donating them back again - should you take care not to make them less sale-able by alterations, as you are reducing their value?
I like that, the ethics of charity shop shopping!

Any clothes that aren't saleable they bag up for rags which they sell to, er, dunno who actually, so nothing is wasted.
On the clothes recycling bins they say that they give the stuff they can sell to charity, and clothes in bad condition which can't be sold are recycled to make things like cloths, so I think ethically you are OK!
Thanks both.

Day 4 of my frock challenge inspired by this thread. I'm wearing clothes from the back of the wardrobe and after a days wear either ditching, planning to wear frequently before ditchig soon, or putting in still-too-tight pile. So far I've had 2 ditch and 2 keep wearing.
Well done. I cleared out all the too small stuff when we moved a couple of years ago, and regret it a bit now. Apart from anything else it would have been interesting to see what I could where when!

Last time I bought jeans, I ordered two sizes (in the sale and a style I really like), so have one v tight pair waiting in the drawer, that's all.

Day after fast, trying to avoid having another piece of toast...
I lost 2st on a year-long calorie counting diet four years ago, but didn't trust myself not to put it all back on, so kept all my bigger clothes - which was just as well. Three years after reaching my goal weight I'd put it all back on again! But this time I know it's different with 5:2 . . . I've not thrown anything out yet as I've only lost 8.5lb so far - but when I get to my target weight this time I will do. And happily all my 'thin' clothes from three years ago are still in drawers in the spare room! Can't wait to be able to get into them again. It will be like having a whole new wardrobe for no extra cost :smile:

I must be a good ambassador for this diet as since I started it both my boyfriend and his sister have joined in as well!
All these clothes being thrown out - we ought to have a swap shop. With any luck I shall be passing on 18's and needing 16's which I'm sure someone here will be discarding....I did brave buying size 16 knickers this week looking forward :-)
Can't imagine ever having to recycle size 14 things though-that's the stuff of dreams for me.
I have a small bag I'm getting ready to take to Goodwill. I just set it aside and pull out the things that are way too big after I wash them. I have a small pile of the nicest/newest pieces to see if some of my relatives would like them before I donate them.

I have a stash of smaller clothes from when I lost on 4:3 before and many of them are like new. It is awesome to have so many more options now. I am all set for summer and well into fall. But, I may have to replace some winter things when we get back around to that again.
Like so many others on here I have yo-yo'd over a 3 year cycle. Last time I did an extended diet was 3 years ago, when I lost 2 1/2 stone and found myself last christmas back where started from plus a few pounds. I had got rid of all my size 16 trousers and skirts to a charity shop, and had to start buying them again starting last summer. The 16's are now in a drawer under the bed, the 14's which now can't be worn without a belt are in another drawer, and I have some 3 year old size 12's are now emerging from the shadows. I think I'll clear out the 16's and the less good 14's, and hang on to the rest till I am reliably in a size 12.
Interstingly in all this yo-yo ing I have been a size 14 top all along (in varying degrees of tightness) :smile:
51 posts Page 3 of 4