The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 4 of 4
I'm too skint to give everything away to charity shops, so i will be ebaying a lot of stuff. Anything that doesn't go after that is being sold at the carboot, anything after that can go to the charity shop, or the really bad stuff I am having fun making into other stuff. 3 gardening t'shirts, that were admittedly falling off my shoulders, were turned into tote bags and shoved in the boot of the car for whenever they will be needed. Usually when I go to the carboot looking for bargains on a Sunday and inevitably forget a big bag.
Most of my larger clothes have gone to charity shops :heart: :heart:
Maybe try eBay like you Julie for about a ''dozen '' new pieces which were probably worn once but not sure if it's worth it !!! :dazed:
But as of this week I am now in completely new clothing some sales some market purchases and as stated on my ''charity'' post I delivered 4 large bags and bought back few choice items from my local area which of course they can have back again hopefully sooon :clover: Sue
I have been getting rid of things as soon as they are too big!

To be honest, this is one reason I'm weighing myself every day - to help ensure I won't need to go back to the bigger clothes. I'm trying to not be too obsessive about it, but I'm using it as a way to make myself be more moderate every day. Showing a 1 pound gain? Can I explain it properly? (for example, too much salt the day before?) Have an extra glass or two of water and don't overeat - maybe skip dessert.

It's helping me stay more true to the program (and myself).
Mine have been recycled a few times.
All that are too big have now gone to charity. When I buying the next size down, what I'm wearing now will go, too. I love what I'm wearing, so I hope somebody else feels good in it too.
Hi Tracie I must admit that I now weigh my self more than when I first started this WOL because I was M/obese and absolutely no way am I going to gain weight like I was doing :heart: so if I see a gain and I'm 2 days away from my ''offical'' weigh-in I pull my socks UP.
No other diet has ever done that for me before, so I'm committed for Life
On the subject of bigger clothing I've never ever thrown out my bigger items before :heart: and all these new lovely clothes the charity shops can have again sometime soon with pleasure :heart: :heart: Sue
I still have my bigger clothes and they all still fit despite losing 25kg, though they are all very noticeably loose.

I think I could go down a size but haven't bothered to find out. I take 48 inch jeans and they all still fit courtesy of a belt (otherwise no chance). I got some 46 inch jeans on eBay and they fit and are loose, not sure 44 inch would currently fit.

But really, I am keen to make my current wardrobe last as long as possible, as I don't want to waste money on buying clothes I hope to throw out soon. I'm planning to do 4:3 until I at least get out of the obese category. If I can get away with skipping a few sizes in between, all the better.

TedE
51 posts Page 4 of 4