The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

51 posts Page 1 of 4
Yesterday I threw out 4 huge sack fuels of clothing. I have been on the program since Jan, and have dropped over 33 I lbs, 15kgs. I have not had a bad day since starting, and really enjoy the reduced days. The decision was easy, and could have happened earlier. :cool:

I have bitten the bullet on the clothing, when have you thrown the clothing away?
Well done!!!

I haven't thrown out anything yet because I haven't lost that much yet, but I plan to throw out clothes as soon as they get big, no point in leaving them hanging around!
I agree. I have been doing it on a minor scale, but yesterday was just fabulous. Keep at it.
I've put all my bigger clothes in a bag ready to be taken to the charity shop (or an H&M Conscious box, gotta love a discount voucher with donated clothes), but I haven't actually got rid of them yet.
Wow I haven't got brave enough to move on clothes now too big.
I find my clothes just fit better which was an original motivating factor
Might be a good catharsis to bite that bullet
Any time I put something on and its unflatteringly loose I take it straight round to the charity shop. Any favourite clothes that are starting to get baggy I wear frequently to get as much pleasure as possible from before I move them on. Starting to see some space in the wardrobe!
All mine has gone to the charity shop.
My next size down is also in line to go in a couple of weeks.... well, maybe a bit longer as I have holibobs soon!!
by Minumonline » 02 Jun 2013, 22:30

"Any time I put something on and its unflatteringly loose I take it straight round to the charity shop. ".................................if I did that, there would not be a dressing gown left in the house! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
I like the idea of taking it straight to charity. My only concern is that the correlation between removal and replacement does not match!!!! It is great to change the wardrobe though.
I haven't actually had to get rid of any clothing quite yet, as gillymary says, they just fit better!
BUT- yesterday in my kitchen cleanup I threw out all my Weight Watchers paraphernalia- bye bye points!
It felt so good to know I now have a tool that works- yay 5:2
Yes that's just what I'm going to do with my WW stuff! Burn it - or put it in the recycling box with the other junk.
Looking back, WW got me obsessed with food, always counting points every minute!! :bugeyes: This WOL works far better for me.
I just love some of my clothes though, real classics like a denim jacket. maybe I could find someone to alter it ? Just can't seem to see anything similar in the shops.....
I have told myself that when I lost two more kgs I am allowed to go shopping for more jeans, at which point I can give away the size 14's (and even some of my 12's!) to charity. I'm so excited for that! At the end of the year I will be moving across the country, so I'll need to do a big clear-out before then anyway. I just wish I could afford to buy new clothes for my new figure!
harrij19 wrote: I like the idea of taking it straight to charity. My only concern is that the correlation between removal and replacement does not match!!!! It is great to change the wardrobe though.

I must confess I rarely leave without picking something up - I'm lucky to have lovely ones round here (and better labels than I'd normally buy)
The minute anything is too big it goes to the charity shop. I have so many clothes waiting for me to grow into so it is great to wear something different.
Slimmer wrote: The minute anything is too big it goes to the charity shop. I have so many clothes waiting for me to grow into so it is great to wear something different.

Or shrink into?
51 posts Page 1 of 4