The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

53 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: What's you secret 5:2 goal?
12 Jun 2013, 22:50
WOW some great (no longer) secrets out there.

I promise I won't tell :)

Minsmum x
12 Jun 2013, 23:48
I would like something besides my weight to be my defining characteristic. And I want to run a half-marathon.
23 Jul 2013, 08:48
I have a new goal

I want to be able to wear the dress I wore at my 20th birthday for my 40th birthday which gives me a bit more than 7 months to reach that goal :grin:
23 Jul 2013, 09:47
2 goals for me.
1. When I look above at a camera monitor as I walk into a shop I will see a normal, healthy sized woman.
2. To be able to wear my diamond engagement and wedding rings again (instead od the gold band I wear from cashconverters)
23 Jul 2013, 10:18
To not have a spare tyre the size of my boobs when I'm sitting in the car driving will be great! I'm getting there.

But vanity is all - I want to be a small size 10, rather than a big size 12....and the stretch goal: I want to stay that way!
23 Jul 2013, 10:28
What you're all saying, folks, is that you want to be in control - everything follows from that.

And this WOL gives us control!

Someone mentioned cake, upthread. I've allowed myself to eat more cake in the last 18 months while I've been IFing than I've eaten in the last 18 years. And I still lost 10kg in 8 months! (That's not to mention biscuits and chocolate! :grin: )

My - not-so-secret - goal is to live healthily into old age. To avoid diabetes, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's, etc.

And thereby not finish up in a home!

Oh, and be able to play football with my grandchildren into their teens! :like:

:smile:
23 Jul 2013, 10:32
Bread and Wine, I know you from the Wildfood forum.

My secret goal is to be able to varnish my toe nails properly, not just an approximate swipe of polish on the nail, in which some usually ends up on my toe!
23 Jul 2013, 12:00
My secret goal is to be a size that my daughter will be proud of when she marries (not anytime soon), especially as she will invite the side of the family I am not talking to anymore, including my mother. The same mother who had an over active thyroid all her life and couldn't put on weight but won't accept that someone with an under active thyroid (not severe enough to be treated) has trouble losing weight.

This is a really deep down grrrr! in my life, I have always been judged on my weight by my family. I don't get positively judged for juggling two autistic sons (one of whom is home recovering from surgery whilst he waits for more), a disabled hubby in a wheelchair and a prolapsed disk in my neck that will paralyse me without surgery, I'm judged negatively on how much weight I seem to have lost or put on, even weight loss was negative along the lines of 'see how easy it is' or ' youv'e only lost 2 stone, you can do more' etc.
23 Jul 2013, 12:26
To still be at my goal weight, which I achieved a couple of weeks ago, in six months time! If I can achieve that it would be nothing short of a miracle and something I have never managed to achieve in forty years of yo-yo dieting!
23 Jul 2013, 13:29
greenmonster wrote: If I think about it, basically I am in this because I want the best of both worlds - to be slim and to eat lots of food. Up until now that's been my two options - slim & miserable or enjoy food & be bigger. If not eating much a couple of times a week is a way to achieve this, and also to bring a lot of other benefits then I'm in!

This is it for me,be slim but eat lots of food!

I don't like having to cut out whole groups of food like bread, pasta and potato, cakes and chocolate. I love chocolate so much, my life is crap without it, I need it but I also love feeling slim. I want both!!!
23 Jul 2013, 20:49
Greenmonster and Pamelasockgirl, I think that I have the same problem. I couldn't find a WOE which allowed me to eat cake, cream, puddings etc, so when I finished my low calorie diets, I managed to keep weight off for a very short while before piling it back on again! I am hoping that the 5:2 WOE will allow me to maintain at or around my recently-achieved goal - forever! Time will tell!
23 Jul 2013, 20:54
Me too - I want a diet that means I can still live life to the full, wine with dinner, going out for meals, cooking recipes I like the look of, real ale when I go to the pub etc. It makes so much sense to fast when I'm on my own, and eat and drink freely when I'm with other people.
23 Jul 2013, 20:58
I'm loving this thread. I can relate to so many of the wishes. Here are mine:
- to eat what I want without counting calories all the time or feeling guilty about food
- to fit in an airline seat comfortably
- to be healthy and active again (I used to run marathons and I want to do that again sometime soon)
- to maintain a healthy weight indefinitely
23 Jul 2013, 21:03
Stowgate mine is exactly the same, to stop yo-yo dieting and with this it really seems possible.
23 Jul 2013, 21:14
Fabulous question!

I think mine is to no longer have that casual glance in the shop window and think "who is that fattie? - oh, its me"
53 posts Page 3 of 4