The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

53 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: What's you secret 5:2 goal?
23 Jul 2013, 21:25
A second one I have concerns my eldest son. He is on the 5:2 with me. He started putting on weight when he was 8, I was told there's nothing wrong, just puppy fat. But it wasn't, he's aspergers and has been depressed since he was that age. He just put on the weight, being a chef doesn't help, his BMI when he started was 46 the same as mine, for a 6 foot tall bloke that means my home scales wouldn't even weigh him as he was over 330lbs. What I would love to see is the real him, the chiseled man under the blubber, the cheekbones where the moon face is as I have never seen that person, my son.
24 Jul 2013, 00:20
Weight loss is my main aim. I know I have packed on the weight as I wander through life and need to lose it. If nothing else, I want to be around as my kids grow up.

Even if 5:2 has no other health benefits, if it cab get me back into a healthy weight range, that is surely going to improve my health. Cholesterol is a big issue in my family and I am hoping to review that as I get back to what us seemed a good weight.

In the back of my mind, I suspect I am also trying to prove to my mother I can lose the weight. Every time we see each other, I get the lecture about my excess weight. Even this recent visit, where I have recently lost 9kg, she asked only that small a weight loss? Obviously whatever I was doing was not working.
24 Jul 2013, 01:41
I feel so sad for those of you who have unsupportive families, especially mothers. I've had the unconditional love of my mom at every weight, from anorexic teen (seeing my mothers fear of that is what turned me around) to obese adult. She only sees the good, my mom--she's proud of my accomplishments and forgiving of my flaws. I need to tell her more often how lucky I am.
24 Jul 2013, 05:46
Manderley wrote: My secret goal ? The one that I don't dare to even think loud ? I have a sister I didn't see for years (long and very complicated story) and I always was the chubby one. She always found a kind of power over me which is one of the things that made me want to cut all the ties with her.

I want, one day, to go and knock at her door and give her the schock of her life when she will see she is not the skinny one anymore, don't say anything, and just go away....

I know I know, it's kind of childish... :-P

justifiable I think, go for it
24 Jul 2013, 07:30
My secret goal was to be able to lose my fear of chairs with arms! My rather large aunt got stuck in a chair once and I've heard the story too many times! I have accomplished this goal already and am surprised how important it has been, I feel much, much better! I also no longer feel I couldn't go on theme park rides, I was always worried I'd squeeze in and then be asked to leave so I completely avoided them! Haven't been on one yet, but it's no longer a worry! Life is good :0)
24 Jul 2013, 08:01
Great replies.

Mine is nothing very inspiring, I just want to get back to the weight I was before I had kids and wear some of the clothes which have been in storage for the last 6 years. When I get there I'm going to get my wedding dress out and put it on just because I can!
24 Jul 2013, 08:12
It would be lovely to have a flatter stomach & for all of me to match my petite frame. More importantly though I don't want my breast cancer to come back or to have dementia because my Mother had both. Losing weight & the potential benefits of fasting I am hoping will help with this. Longer term I am pinning my hopes on being able to maintain a new slim me, when I get there, & never yo yo diet again yet still being able to enjoy going out to dinner without the fear of gaining weight. :smile:
24 Jul 2013, 08:32
Mine is just to have that lovely feeling of healthiness - just to feel good and confident and buzzing with energy.
53 posts Page 4 of 4