The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

95 posts Page 2 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
Re: Warnings to all Newbies!
01 Jul 2013, 18:36
You forgot to add the 'losing one's trousers' warning (retail therapy required) :lol:
01 Jul 2013, 18:42
That one required a posting of its own. :rotfl:
02 Jul 2013, 20:16
Informative and funny, thank you for making me smile on my very first fast day :)
02 Jul 2013, 20:18
Teresa74 wrote: Informative and funny, thank you for making me smile on my very first fast day :)

You are welcome. I hope you keep smiling as you go forward - I have. :grin:
02 Jul 2013, 20:29
Fantastic post simcoeluv ~ thank you! I always find myself telling friends who comment on my weight loss (& then ask what diet are you following?) that despite its name it's NOT a fast/quick diet so don't expect huge losses at a time!! :smile:
03 Jul 2013, 15:39
I'm just getting started and appreciated the overview warnings in this thread. Thanks for setting us off in the right mindset.
07 Jul 2013, 07:08
Great post. As a newbie it's motivational. I've tried every diet under the sun but liked the idea of 5:2 understanding that my weightloss won't be super fast. I'm only slowing losing but feel lighter and look better and can fit in my clothes better so its all good in my book. And sustainable for the long term.
09 Jul 2013, 19:40
Hi, only started yesterday, sister and husband have followed for a couple of months and have lost, but I am more interested in trying to lower my cholesterol. Have read some post on another site and people were talking of losing one day and putting it back on the next, so was beginning to think I was following wrong diet, but having read your post it makes me feel better!!
16 Jul 2013, 11:41
I can't seem to find anything about the correct measuring of waist circumference. I have gone in just over three months from very tight fitting 40 inch trousers to comfortable 36 inch in just over 2 months of 5:2. Yet when I measure 1 inch below my b/button undressed, the size has hardly altered (from 41 to about 39 1/2 ).
Has anyone any ideas for a relative newbie.
18 Jul 2013, 17:32
A huge thank you for this and a wonderful reminder to keep my expectations reasonable and keep on going!
18 Jul 2013, 18:24
urb wrote: I can't seem to find anything about the correct measuring of waist circumference. I have gone in just over three months from very tight fitting 40 inch trousers to comfortable 36 inch in just over 2 months of 5:2. Yet when I measure 1 inch below my b/button undressed, the size has hardly altered (from 41 to about 39 1/2 ).
Has anyone any ideas for a relative newbie.

Here is the answer from Carorees:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1019#p7120

:clover:
29 Jul 2013, 13:41
Hi

What a great post - today is my first day so quite apt that I read it now! Looking forward to getting healthier and losing a few lbs (okay - stone!) along the way.
07 Aug 2013, 16:04
I like this, thanks
13 Aug 2013, 03:30
Thanks for this post, Simcoeluv.

It looks as though we are neighbors. :)

I have been doing 5:2 for almost four months and have just two regrets.

1) I wish I had found out about this WoL a year ago, and

2) I wish I had found this website four months ago.

Very good information here.

Bobby
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
95 posts Page 2 of 7