The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

95 posts Page 4 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: Warnings to all Newbies!
14 Nov 2013, 19:53
Well I have decided to try the diet everyone is talking about, after giving up on WW for the 3rd time! To be honest I have probably been on and off diets since I was 17 ( now 44) always able to lose weight but gradually it crept back on. Now in my forties I have found losing weight really difficult and wanted a long term diet I could stick to. Ideally I want to lose 2 Stone. At 5ft 7 I weighed myself on Monday morning and was 11stone 6lb - having put on a stone this year. :frown:
I am half way through my first week and coping quite well, fast days were Monday and Wednesday which are days I am busy at work so even though I was hungry I stuck to 500cals on both days, drinking lots of water and diet drinks then eating one meal at dinner. My non fast days I am calorie counting ( because I have done it all my adult life ) eating healthily and trying to stick to 1000-1200 calories. Weekends tend to be my downfall, wine, meals out and more wine :grin: but will try to be good. Lets just see what my first weigh in brings on Monday :crossed:
19 Nov 2013, 02:07
@Tantastic Welcome! Just a note of caution - make sure you're eating enough on your non-fast days - it's worth checking to see what your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is and make sure you're eating to that. 1000-1200 calories on non-fast days seems very little and it's likely your body will hold onto weight instead of dropping it!
30 Nov 2013, 04:18
Thanks for the post most interesting
29 Dec 2013, 00:10
Thanks! I read every word - and read the FAQs. Very informative.
31 Dec 2013, 11:25
Great little read!
Thanks for the advice..
01 Jan 2014, 16:36
Really informative and great advice x thanks so much I will certainly take on board these tips Thanks ,
Janie .
01 Jan 2014, 17:18
Thanks for the post simcoeluv - great post :)
02 Jan 2014, 14:39
I'm a return newby - 'I wasn't ready as they say!' Thank you simcoeluv for your warnings - I thought I knew everything......but I don't! :wink:
Gaynor
02 Jan 2014, 14:59
Good to see you back Gaynor, wondered where you had disappeared to!
02 Jan 2014, 19:36
Thanks for the tip about the FAQs
06 Jan 2014, 23:08
Suzielst wrote: Thanks for the tip about the FAQs

You are welcome.
11 Jan 2014, 17:45
Weekend in January again with tons of guests. Might as well scare them away early.
20 Jan 2014, 19:24
Very interesting post. I am a 'neebie' and was very helpful... I am at the beginning of my journey not only for weight loss but also to get healthier. - have high blood pressure. I have been doing the 2pm - 2pm fast for the first 2 weeks and lost 3 lbs. After reading posts on here I may have to move to the one day (36 hours) fast if the weight loss stops.
20 Jan 2014, 20:58
:heart: Hi @TracyP67 And Welcome :heart:
Glad to have you with us and very brave doing the 2 to 2
That would never work for me because once I eat either lunch or snack I actually become more hungry weird I know but when I don't start to eat I can go 24hrs far easier for me so that's the route I take, but that's the joy of this W0L you make it "fit" you and your lifestyle. :clover: Best of Luck :clover:
20 Jan 2014, 22:27
Thanks Sue I am glad I joined the group, is really great to see how well people have done and the benefits they have seen health wise.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
95 posts Page 4 of 7