The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 3 of 4
Just read all the posts on this thread and it started of so relaxed but then the party was gatecrashed.
From the topic heading I thought this was going to be something of interest to 5:2 followers...........
Oh NO! Who forgot to close the bar door?
tomtank wrote: Izzy - you are quite wrong. If I didn't care about people, I wouldn't bother to carry on posting!

I can assure you I am not being bloody-minded. Out of the 8,600 or so members, I am sure that someone out there is interested in my views.

I think it is a shame that we cannot feel free to talk about what we want to, without this sort of thing happening.

Izzy can't read your posts, because she chose to hit the ignore button. Same stands for other posters and probably some more will follow their footsteps. But if you think you're helping this way, by all means, do go on...
Tomtank genuinely appears to care about those on the 5:2 diet who simply cannot lose weight. Yet she has been slaughtered today by a little gaggle of women, who have orchestrated a nasty campaign against her.

It has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss or weight gain – or the forum itself, for that matter – and it merely reinforces my earlier message to Moogie that under no circumstances should she give the Press an opening, because they’d love to rip the diet apart. The author seems to be doing that himself, anyway!

The word “hijack” was used by one contributor, and that’s exactly what the gang have done to the forum today. Moogie must surely be able to put a stop to this nonsense and get the forum back on the right track.

Any advice given to those overweight sufferers should be welcomed, and from all appearances, the 5:2 actually needs a major overhaul for it to be more successful.

I had intended to write a light-hearted response to TML13, saying how pleased I was that the Atkins book had been published in many languages, including her native Greek.

My suggestion would have been that, perhaps, the Greek version missed out the part where Mr Atkins advocates adhering to his regime forever to maintain weight-loss.

In fact, every diet is meant to change your way of eating so that it becomes the norm, and not just something that enables you to shed a few stone, then pile it on again once you cease to eat in that manner.

But I see that TML13 has now stuck her oar into the Tomtank debate (or should I say witch-hunt?), so there’s no place for my levity at this point.

I always understood that a forum was a debating platform for people to express their views, exchange views with other members – and maybe even put the world to rights at the same time.

Obviously, I’m not as smart as I think I am. But I've kept my 20-plus kilos off quite comfortably for over a year by sticking to the Atkins diet, with a few ‘cheats’ along the way.

And the 5:2 has at least introduced some discipline into my life - without affecting my weight one way or another.
Colin, I appreciate your concern about the Greek version of Atkins and my ability to understand its English version but I can assure you that I am very much aware of what Mr Atkins suggested.
I am also aware that there is no way for the majority of people who enjoy a happy, sociable, full life to do the Atkins diet forever.

I can't help it but wonder though... how did you find this forum? Did a friend suggest it to you by any chance?
I may need to take a break from this forum. Sadly it is following a well-trod path that tends to end abruptly in melt-down. Been there, seen that.

Good luck and good fasting.
Azureblue wrote: I may need to take a break from this forum. Sadly it is following a well-trod path that tends to end abruptly in melt-down. Been there, seen that.

Me too, been there, seen that. Think this place is stronger though, please don't go :heart:
Azureblue wrote: I may need to take a break from this forum. Sadly it is following a well-trod path that tends to end abruptly in melt-down. Been there, seen that.

You'll do a favour to a few people but you will make the life of a lot of people miserable. :confused:
I worked for the Daily Mail for several years, TML13, and I still buy it every day out of loyalty.

The 5:2 diet has been well-publicised by the paper, especially with TV presenter Philip Schofield, and other celebrities, extolling its virtues.

I Googled it to find out more about it, and came across this forum.

How about you? How did you find out about the diet in Greece?
Ah, I see...

Most of my friends are English and they told me about it.

Me too on the B.T.S.T., but give it a fews more days. I'm sure the issue is recognized and being addressed.
I'm on the case.
ADFnFuel wrote:
Me too on the B.T.S.T., but give it a fews more days. I'm sure the issue is recognized and being addressed.

Think so, hope so
He he, I was like... what? Buy Today Sell Tomorrow? What are we selling??? But then I got it. Silly me!
52 posts Page 3 of 4