The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

59 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: *Joyful July*
10 Jul 2013, 13:48
If you don't mind a late comer I will join you this month. We have just booked a walking holiday in Austria. I would like to spend the next month getting rid of my sticky last 2lb and getting a bit fitter. It will be our 40th Anniversary and we have booked into the hotel we spent out honeymoon in. I will have to be really carefully though the last time I was there I had twins nine and a half months later. :grin: :wink:
10 Jul 2013, 15:34
That made me giggle Nessie, weird thoughts of you fasting while giving birth to another set of twins. :grin: :grin:

Have a great holiday :smile:
11 Jul 2013, 08:41
Weighed in today and happy to see another 600g disappear this week. Off shopping today for a new dress, partly to celebrate but mainly because I need one for this weekend's conference dinner on Saturday night - everything in the wardrobe looks like a sack on me now!
11 Jul 2013, 08:52
Had a wee sneaky weigh in after fast day (I usually weigh on a Saturday ) lost a stubborn lb,
That will help me to try and consolidate it over the next two days. I also lost the .5 of an inch I put on last week. Waists are very difficult to measure when they are not firm and smooth I can get two or three different measurements in so many mins. Normal eating day today for me I wish you all a successful day.
11 Jul 2013, 13:45
Just back from a fabulous holiday in Cornwall. The weather has been brilliant and it was worth having the top down on the car, although I used plenty of high factor sun cream! As we were away, I just eat and drank normally (!) but walked loads!! My pedometer was over 23,000 on one day.
We loved the Eden Project, Lands End, St Ives, Padstow and even saw them filming Doc Marten in Port Isaac! In fact we were bowled over by how friendly everyone was.
Now off to collect my dog from the kennels and putting up with sulks from the cat!
Fasting tomorrow.. not sure how it will go as I don't usually fast on a Friday but I think I will need to take serious action before next week.
11 Jul 2013, 14:25
Nessie wrote: If you don't mind a late comer I will join you this month. We have just booked a walking holiday in Austria. I would like to spend the next month getting rid of my sticky last 2lb and getting a bit fitter. It will be our 40th Anniversary and we have booked into the hotel we spent out honeymoon in. I will have to be really carefully though the last time I was there I had twins nine and a half months later. :grin: :wink:

Late comers are welcome, Nessie! Anniversary hotel sounds good!
12 Jul 2013, 06:22
I have now dropped into the 11 stone category! I now weigh 167lbs!
Bit of a dodgy week last week, but I thought, if I don't get back into it NOW, I never will. 2 fasts this week (both more than 500 cals) and look what happens...

I lose 2lbs!

#JoyfulJuly indeed
12 Jul 2013, 12:23
Hi all just wanted to say yes it definitely is a Joyfull July for me now Today I've joined the 2stone lost club +also seen the number #16 on scales for the first time in may years, last Friday I dropped down a group on my bmi from m/obese to obese, so three big stages for me in 2 weeks
Making it definitely a Joyfull July :clover: :like: :heart: Sue
12 Jul 2013, 13:11
Here's to Awesome August, then, Sue!
12 Jul 2013, 13:24
Congrats to both Pennyforthem and Sue Q! It is wonderful to hear about goals met. Best wishes, and , as they say, onwards and downwards!
12 Jul 2013, 14:10
congratulations girls the rewards are so worth the effort. I am almost there still battle with my sweet tooth but find being able to say to myself that I can have it another day helps a lot.
12 Jul 2013, 17:15
PennyForthem wrote: I have now dropped into the 11 stone category! I now weigh 167lbs!
Bit of a dodgy week last week, but I thought, if I don't get back into it NOW, I never will. 2 fasts this week (both more than 500 cals) and look what happens...

I lose 2lbs!

#JoyfulJuly indeed

Well done PennyForthem! :like: :star: :)
13 Jul 2013, 05:00
Joyful July indeed! :victory: :victory: :victory:
Well done team! :star:
:grin:
13 Jul 2013, 06:20
Well done Pennyforthem and SueQ :victory:

I'm late joining in this thread but I am looking forward to my daughter's graduation ceremony in London next week although the current forecast for the day is 28C which is very warm for my posh frock and heels. I don't like the heat but have found it more tolerable this summer which I guess is because I have 25lbs less padding :grin:

I am also hoping to get to my initial target before the end of the month. I've had a blip over the last two weeks but I am back on track this week :smile:
13 Jul 2013, 06:25
Hi people. Eating wise july has been sooo difficult but exercise has been great. I am doing the shred and can feel muscles I never knew existed. Yesterday I fasted and we went up to mountains for a really long walk and a swim in an ice cold natural pool. Well the truth is my son and hubby swam I dipped my feet in. I am not stupid!!!! It was a beautiful day, my boys were jubilant and I felt great as not only were we enjoying the amazing beauty that the North Madrid mountains have to offer, but I also walked for miles. Today is a new start in my head. I am just waiting for hub to get back from his morning run to start my shred and then I am having a delish watermelon, lime and mint juice.
59 posts Page 3 of 4