The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

59 posts Page 1 of 4
*Joyful July*
01 Jul 2013, 08:37
Following Jubilant June, let's hope it's a joyful July.

If you're ready to give your all this month, if you're ready to go on your holibobs, if you're just starting, this is the chatterbox thread for July.

So, let's hope there's a lot of lovely summer sunshine (especially here in the UK) and that Joyful July lives up to its name!

:heart:
Re: Joyful July
01 Jul 2013, 08:43
I'm in Penny! June wasn't so jubilant in the end - hit another plateau, but as I'm not going on my hols until August, I'm going for a big push in July. Good luck everyone...
Re: Joyful July
01 Jul 2013, 09:11
I'm in for July.
OH and I are off to Cornwall next week for a few days but after that back to normal :?: Looking forward to cream teas, pasties and loads of walking!
Having said that I am going to try and be a bit more active this month, as I am really a couch potato! :smile: but I intend to do more gardening, walking my dog Jack and possibly some swimming, although we will need to get to heatwave status for that!
Re: *Joyful July*
01 Jul 2013, 11:38
I'm in too!

I live in Cornwall Hilaryjane (omg I just typed hairyjane! deleted it quickly though). I no longer eat the pasties and cream teas but I like walking, can't do long distances now so the dog gets short walks. Enjoy your holiday, I hope the sun shines for you.
:smile:
01 Jul 2013, 11:43
Anyone noticed the time of these posts? Mine says 11:38 when it was 12:38. The clocks went forward a few weeks ago, it might have been when Moogie was away?
01 Jul 2013, 11:56
Coffeetime, you can change the time shown from your User Control Panel. Choose 'Board preferences', Global settings and click 'summer time' button, then submit.
01 Jul 2013, 11:59
Hello! I'm here hoping for a joyful July too! We're in visitor season here- curse (and a blessing) of living in a beautiful place. We're on our own at the moment, but sisterinlaw arrives on thurs. We don't have a holiday planned so pretend that we ARE on hol when we have visitors. Oops, that's lots of cake-eating opportunities! :lol:
01 Jul 2013, 12:11
Thanks PennyForthem, I didn't know we could do that :doh:
01 Jul 2013, 12:33
Hello all, I'm in, too. I will have my vacation in August, go visit mom in VT. June was good for me, so I hope July will be the same. I am hoping to increase my activity level and just keep on track. I have been doing 5:2 for almost 3 months and loving every minute of it. (Well, maybe not loving fasting so much, the results have been fantastic!) :clover:
01 Jul 2013, 12:49
I'm in, have some doggie walking catch up to do for our Maxie, a holibob coming up and that leaves then 2 weeks to get my self back into shape if I have far too much fun, frivolity and food.
Woohoo
01 Jul 2013, 13:24
Hello all, I am very much in for July too! June has been all over the place for me so here's to a fresh start. Thinking about doing 3 fasts this week as next week I'll be on holiday back in England and enjoying my mum's cooking and everything I miss from home. On the plus side it will definitely be cooler (37 degrees here) so lots more walking!
01 Jul 2013, 13:27
Hi there everyone. I am going to make July a super success. I have felt quite down about weightloss but I now have my pedometer and I am going to get in 10,000 steps everyday. I am watching food in week and just having total freedom at weekends. It is very hot here now so no excuses. I am off south in August- Malaga, Cadiz Algarve. I want to see muscle definition and be at least 2 kilos lighter. Roll on July and good luck to everyone!!!! :cool:
01 Jul 2013, 13:45
Hi

I was wondering what the July thread would be called - was trying to think of titles that would fit!

I'm hoping July will be fairly joyful - I'm tapering down the hours on my job to use up lieu hours & hold before I finish at the end of the month then we have a week away (probably at a family holiday home in Wales) before starting my new job in August. So I should theoretically have a few easier weeks where I can do a few no-food fasts and eat lots of lovely healthy salads and green smoothies etc the other days so I can reach my mini-goal of 9st by then. That's the plan anyway! I'm only 3-4lb away (depending on my range) so hopefully it's achievable. Not the end of the world if not - I'm only wanting to lose a few more pounds and don't really care how long it takes. Am just enjoying the ease with which this seems to be working and am loving having my slimmer self back again.

Hope you all have a lovely July :)
01 Jul 2013, 13:57
Yes, I'm in! Hoping to match my June loss of 2.5kg and do some more toning exercises. Will be on holiday mid August, so need to make the most of July in terms of weight loss. Work hopefully will be a bit less frantic after end of this week so I will be able to actually move more instead of spending so many hours in front of the computer screen.
01 Jul 2013, 14:01
I've had a pretty good June, and July will bring me a much anticipated MRI scan, even though I hate them as its the only time I suffer from claustrophobia. But it will mean I am now on the list for surgery, hooray.
No holidays this year, health and money are all wrong, but the garden is looking lovely and the sun is trying to break through today.
July should see me below a BMI 0f 40, fingers crossed its so.
59 posts Page 1 of 4