The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

59 posts Page 2 of 4
Ballerina wrote: Did you get it from Phase Eight?

Ballerina x :heart:

Noooooo but I did try on quite a few in Phase Eight that were lovely ... But the problem was, fitted perfeckly on the top half ... But a LEETLE TOO TIGHT :shock: :cry: on the bottom half :cry: :cry: :cry: (this was the size 12) and the size 14 perfect on hips but TOO LOOSE on top - was showing all my assets :cool: :shock:

But the salesgirls in Phase Eight and Hobbs were lovely - obviously well trained in customer care :victory: :smile: :victory: :smile:
MaryAnn wrote: I'm shopping on Omotesando today. There is nothing more demoralizing than the largest size trousers not fitting, even in the Western shops. I really need some nice fitting trousers for work. I did, however, just buy the most darling red coat in Benneton. The salesman kept trying to get me to go a size smaller, but I decided to leave room for a sweater underneath.

Great stuff @MaryAnn - red coats everywhere here this year - nothing better than a red coat to give you a bit of confidence ... :victory: :heart: :cool:
Minsmum wrote: Oh @Silverdarling that made me laugh. I don't get out much and the thought of a special occasion dress fills me with dread! I usually can't find what I want and end up stropping home and sulking. Should I have the need to shop I will take on board your tips and truss myself up beforehand and take a zipper upper!

We do need pix though of you in all your glory :)

@minsmum - if you do go shopping , book a personal shopper. The changing rooms are much bigger and better furnished (mine had an ante-room - with 2 sofas!) and the mirrors are better too. Gets you in the groove ...

I didn't buy the dresses I tried on there though ...

...and you may indeed get to see a pic of the dress (and maybe me wearing it too :shock: :cool: )
Oooooh, looking forward to that, yes please as you all know what I look like :shock:

Ballerina wrote: @Silverdarlingthat was wonderful I shall be laughing all day now, thanks for an absolutely brilliant read, gosh the things you do in the middle of the night. Does your husband know what you get up to in the wee small hours? I tried on a lovely dress yesterday but it had what is known in the trade as 'hanger appeal' boy, did it make me feel and look fat.

:

@Ballerina surely not!!!!

I know what you mean re 'hanger appeal' though - should have added that to my tips! :victory: it can be quite depressing - but I ended up thinking it was the dress's fault, not mine ... :lol: :wink:

No OH so can bumble away in the small hours to my heart's content :sleepy: :yawn: :victory:
And you were quite right, blame the dress :shock:

Ballerina wrote: And you were quite right, blame the dress :shock:

Yes - another one for the tips I think -

it's not you - it's the dress's fault

BLAME THE DRESS
image.jpg

image.jpg

Better pics of dress - and no I won't be wearing it sideways!!!! :lol:
Ooooo, that looks rather glam, bet when your hub sees you in it you will be wearing it sideways :oops: :-o :bashful: :lol:

Ballerina wrote: Ooooo, that looks rather glam, bet when your hub sees you in it you will be wearing it sideways :oops: :-o :bashful: :lol:

... Maybe it's a good job I'm single !!!! :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :bugeyes: :cool: :bugeyes: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Certainly solves one dilemma :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great post @silverdarling! Really made me laugh - sound advice too.
Great looking dress, btw.
:grin:
Brilliant! I bought my first little black dress (since the 90's!) a couple of weeks ago! I then bought a another dress for day or evening to wear with my new knee high boots :-) Both dresses are above the knee! I wore the daytime one yesterday for the first time - while out I said to my husband - I felt like I had come out and I'd forgot to put my jeans on! :grin:
Moira145 wrote: Great post @silverdarling! Really made me laugh - sound advice too.
Great looking dress, btw.
:grin:

Thank you @Moira145 - I am now actually toying with the idea of having two outfits to wear - as I will be the quiz compere at my Mum's party, I will be on show, and as there will be an interval, was thinking of doing a 'Tess Daly' as on 'Strictly' and doing a quick change :lol: :lol: :lol:
tickatape wrote: Brilliant! I bought my first little black dress (since the 90's!) a couple of weeks ago! I then bought a another dress for day or evening to wear with my new knee high boots :-) Both dresses are above the knee! I wore the daytime one yesterday for the first time - while out I said to my husband - I felt like I had come out and I'd forgot to put my jeans on! :grin:

@tickatape - I too have been looking at some knee high boots and shorter skirts to go with opaque tights - for the first time in years ... Think it was @gillymary who posted about this look a few weeks back - I think it is quite modern but comfortable as well as being practical - with a bit of sass thrown in :lol: :shock: :lol:
59 posts Page 2 of 4