The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

59 posts Page 3 of 4
ooooh, @Silverdarling that has a lovely 'drape'. Go on... post a piccie of you wearing it!

For the first time in about 5 years (er, maybe even 7) hub and I ventured into Chester together to spend our birthday vouchers in Debenhams.

I wanted a pair of ankle boots to wear with my new skinny jeans. I found a pair which were:

a) comfortable
b) I could get on as, following a foot op a few years ago, I haven't much 'bend'
c) looked good

They were £75 but had a sticker inside saying £56.25, so she honoured that. Together with my birthday voucher, it left me little to pay #yay!!

Also seeing myself in the full length mirror (ours at home is awful!), I saw how skinny my legs look!

Maybe I'll try a skirt with opaque tight next - you lot are leading me astray!!!
Oh go for it Penny, bet you'll look fab! :like:
I agree, go for it - I certainly will be doing - roll on the post-Christmas sales (or pre-Christmas discounts!)
PennyForthem wrote: ooooh, @Silverdarling that has a lovely 'drape'. Go on... post a piccie of you wearing it!
!

Will do, but pre-party - when get all the slap on, hair done etc ... a couple of weeks to go yet, maybe a pound or two lower ... :lol: :wink:
ohhhh Silverdarling! It's so beautiful! I loved your story about going shopping. I had the same experience bra shopping.... not for the faint of heart for sure :O

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Ooooooooh bra shopping would be a whole other thread !!!
:shock: :shock: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Silverdarling wrote:
Manderley wrote: I love the color :like:

Trying on dresses is so scary, the last time I tried one was nearly 20 years ago for my 20th birthday :grin:

@Manderley - you are definitely overdue a try-on -if not a buy!!!! :cool: :victory: :cool: :victory:

And if my maths is right you have a big birthday coming up fast - how about a target of a lovely dress for that birthday?? Perhaps a punky one that you could wear you Camden market jacket over?? :cool: :cool: :cool: :victory: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Am sure your OH would appreciate it :bugeyes: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still have plenty of time before the big birthday in question, 4 months and 19 days to be exact. Enough to throw a dress in a basket and deal with it at home anyway :grin: :razz:

And yes, it will have to be punky enough to wear with my perfect leather jacket and my very long curly red hair to the wind :cool: :cool:

Love your little black dress, careful with the sequins, they could be itchy :shock:
@manderley that's great! You will have enough time for a long run-up then! I can see you have visualised your outfit to the last detail - way to go! :victory: :clover: :heart: am sure you will get there and look great!

Re the sequins - there aren't that many, and they are not in places where they will be in contact with my skin - it's mostly black lace - and stretchy too :victory:
Beautiful dress, SilverDarling, worth all the angst of shopping.

I'm struggling with altering size 14 winter trousers to fit my new size 12 body and getting quite tired of it. But I won't wear below-the-waist so my only resort now is to order some from LL Bean, but they only have them in cotton twill, not dressy wool.

When ready can you show us pics of your Mother's new dress? (I'm closer to her age than to yours :) )
Will do @Marybeth - she has a couple of options on the go at the moment - she does get out to the shops, as she does get respite care for my Dad a couple of times a week, but mainly does online shopping with the iPad we bought her last birthday. We are actually about the same size now, although she is a stone lighter and 3in smaller than me.
Gorgeous daarrling. Will you be my personal shopper??
And can we have a pic please with you in said dress?
Mmmm, I think we should all have a post Christmas get together in London to swap shopper stories!
PennyForthem wrote: Mmmm, I think we should all have a post Christmas get together in London to swap shopper stories!

Sales shopping!,,
I'm in
rawkaren wrote:
PennyForthem wrote: Mmmm, I think we should all have a post Christmas get together in London to swap shopper stories!

Sales shopping!,,

Ooooh yes up for that one :lol: actually planning to be in London 16th - 19th January, all being well. Have something to attend on the Saturday, also planning to drop into Tate Britain to see Angie on the Sunday morning, but open to suggestions the rest of the time.

And @rawkaren looks like I have dropped myself right in it - photo forthcoming - but in a couple of weeks :shock: :wink: :lol:
59 posts Page 3 of 4