The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

59 posts Page 4 of 4
Silverdarling wrote:
rawkaren wrote:
PennyForthem wrote: Mmmm, I think we should all have a post Christmas get together in London to swap shopper stories!

Sales shopping!,,

Ooooh yes up for that one :lol: actually planning to be in London 16th - 19th January, all being well. Have something to attend on the Saturday, also planning to drop into Tate Britain to see Angie on the Sunday morning, but open to suggestions the rest of the time.

And @rawkaren looks like I have dropped myself right in it - photo forthcoming - but in a couple of weeks :shock: :wink: :lol:

Can do a weekday but not weekends .....
January/February is my quiet time. Any day good for me.
Will get into King's Cross about 1pm on Thursday 16th. Any good for either of you? Or there's the Friday.
Possible. I'm certainly in London, but I need to clear a meeting early. Let me see if I can bring it forward.....
If I was not so far away I would be in :wink:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
... and I've now got up the courage to try on a few bandage dresses! @Ballerina are you listening? Had a mega try on in John Lewis last night ... All size 12s and most fit well!!!

I may be revising my outfit ...
Silverdarling wrote: ... and I've now got up the courage to try on a few bandage dresses! @Ballerina are you listening? Had a mega try on in John Lewis last night ... All size 12s and most fit well!!!

I may be revising my outfit ...

:shock: :like: :shock: :like: :shock: :like:
Don't go too bandage... Ma might not approve
What a fab thread. I went into a dress phase about 15 years ago and quickly realised all your pointers to be vitally true. It lasted a few years but now I'm mired in trousers with varicose veins to hide (though opaque tights are lovely and I could be tempted ...
:0O
PennyForthem wrote: Don't go too bandage... Ma might not approve

Well Penny, I sort of agree but I do have a bandage dress and with an M&S full spanx-like slip that pulls you in too in all places, it can look amazing....... So I would keep on the list subject to approval on our shopping jaunt...... When SD can buy her second one :like:
Didn't have the m and s pull-you-in shaping pants on :shock: as this was a last minute decision to have a look after a meeting in town finished early. But even so, was pleasantly surprised at how well the dresses looked ... I didn't buy anything last night, but have taken the plunge and ordered 4 to be delivered to my mum's to try there ... Should be fun trying them on with an extra opinion ... And it turns out she had previously ordered one of them herself, but sent back, as it was too long for her - shes's 5'3"! So I may end up with one of them after all ...

@Azureblue why don't you go and have a try-on, now that you're below 70kg - you may just have a surprise like I did ... :wink: :grin: :cool:

Penny - how could @Ballerina not approve :wink: :wink: :shock: :shock: ?????? LOL!

@rawkaren will make sure I bring correct underwear on any shopping jaunt!! :grin: :wink:

Oh and I was contacted by my credit card's fraud people - nice to know they are on the ball :shock: :bugeyes: :grin:
Some years back my sons made me promise never to show my legs in public again ...

They were referring to skirts above the knee I believe. Like I would anyway. I do know I'm old and shouldn't.

Maybe just below knees, perhaps :0*
Oh go on show your knees if you have some tights on and lovely ankle boots it's a good look. If you have good pins why not show them. Just to the knee is a very flattering length when below starts to not be as flattering. It is also great to wear leggings with a longer top and lovely boots and in winter the layering works a treat.
59 posts Page 4 of 4