The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

54 posts Page 3 of 4
Marzipan by the packet, Thorntons toffee,Turkish delight and crystallised ginger covered in dark chocolate. All have been downed in the past no problem. I don't just have a sweet tooth I have 32 of them (mind you a lot of them are crowns now.)
Ben and Jerry's ice cream (cherry garcia, chunky monkey, heath bar crunch), chocolate covered hob nobs.

On the healthy end, not so many years ago, my idea of cooking was to fix one course of a meal one night and eat it all, fix the next course the next night and eat it all, etc. I just couldn't handle cooking more than one thing at a time. Sometimes that meant having a family size portion of green beans for dinner, but that was all. Of course it could also mean 3 helpings of lasagne for dinner (I couldn't eat the whole family portion in one sitting--that would be crazy). Since then, I've learned a few things I can make just for myself or without crazy amounts of leftovers. That, and I have more freezer space!
Since being on a 'healthy eating plan' I don't - but before I would easily demolish a pack of chocolate coated biscuits, a bag of crisps, a whole packet of chocolate coated licorice bullets, and I have been own to eat a rather large chunk of Brie or camembert cheese.

Thank goodness I don't feel the need to do this any more.
cheers Maggie.
Peanut butter ice cream. I was only recently introduced to this salty/sweet delectable deliciousness when a supermarket here was promoting its new product. Just one tub and I was lost - but it's way too expensive so now I just make my own for about a quarter of the price. Which is dangerous, because I need to buy a two-litre tub to make it whereas the pre-made stuff is only 500g :bugeyes:
-A bowl of homemade frosting
-anything that I could put a whole stick of butter on...oh yeah
-a bag of circus peanuts...a ridiculous candy that is all sugar
-bag of candy corn
-bag of cotton candy

Should be ashamed...oh well
Easily a whole share bag of chilli Doritos. Bag of caramel waffle biscuits, huge bar of galaxy choc, hmmmm what else defo the tub of houmus and most dip type things with crudités and bread sticks, yup I can really excel at over eating without trying !
Oooh it looks as though several of us should never meet up in the local greengrocers!!

I too could eat a whole big pasta bowl of sprouts, boiled (but still aldenté) then smothered in butter & ground black pepper (a few chestnuts mixed in if I can be bothered but usually I'm too excited about the sprouts to remember them!!)

Love the idea of hummus & sprouts, may have to try that :like:

And, if there's any sprouts left over .... BUBBLE & SQUEAK

(or as amercian friend of ours kept incorrectly saying, squeaky bubbly!)

Hee hee, this has reminded me of my favourite game:

http://www.eyegas.com/attackofthesprouts/
Mini cheddars any size, the bigger the better!
Chocolate brazils nuts, peanut butter. Oh yes, peanut butter. And probably peanut butter icecream too!!
It may be strange but I never ate a whole anything. Well, does a whole melon count ? Even my favorite sweets ever which tastes a mixture of liquorice and anise (Batna for your information)

I may make an exception for a loaf of fresh bread or a brioche still warm from the oven :heart:
Tim Tams I used to be able to "inhale" a pack. For those who have not enjoyed a Tim Tam they are two chocolate biscuits (cookies) sandwiched with chocolate cream and covered in chocolate. They come in at about 100cals per biscuit and IIRC the pack contains 12 biscuits.

Now if I eat more than 3-4 I feel nauseous.

On the salty side I can eat a pack of cheese and onion chips (or sour cream and chives), nowadays I only ever buy snack packs so no more scoffing a whole jumbo sized bag.

Eta: I can also demolish a pack of rice crackers. I have banned them from the house and the only time I am allowed to have them is at a party. Rice crackers are dangerous as they turn on my hunger switch and once I have finished the pack of crackers the hunger sensation just does not let up, not until my next fast day.
I could easily eat a whole pack of Butterscotch Angel Delight (well it is just light and fluffy!) - or at least I think I could. Since this 5:2 malarkey, that's probably not possible anymore! The same goes for Cadbury's Dairy Milk. In my "naughty" day, I could sit and munch a whole 400g bar of Dairy Milk...and then feel terribly guilty :-( Now, I very rarely eat even a small bar...and I'm not that fussed about chocolate per se :confused:

As for Brussels Sprouts...mmm, I think I could munch on a few of those...its just the aftereffects that put me off :bugeyes:
[quote="Kawberlin"]Poor old sprouts! But, revelation for me, they are DELICIOUS if you shred them and stir fry them with garlic and chilli. I have eaten a plate of that for my dinner many times! Yum. Quite different if they're boiled - yuck.

I might just try this one. Thanks.
Liquorice bullets, peanut m&ms, Ben and Jerry's ice cream , lolly gobble bliss bombs.. That's the sweet stuff

Pate, cheese, macadamias, cashews, chips, pizza - that's my savoury side!

Still enjoy it all - just not in packet, tub or box proportions!
Aaaaah!! Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs! I'd forgotten about those - they are DaBomb :grin:
54 posts Page 3 of 4