The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

54 posts Page 4 of 4
Tara25 wrote: Peanut butter ice cream. I was only recently introduced to this salty/sweet delectable deliciousness when a supermarket here was promoting its new product. Just one tub and I was lost - but it's way too expensive so now I just make my own for about a quarter of the price. Which is dangerous, because I need to buy a two-litre tub to make it whereas the pre-made stuff is only 500g :bugeyes:

I don't eat peanuts in any form due to a childhood allergy but my husband loves them and was very fond of peanut icecream. Haven't seen it in the UK for years - he puts it down to the 'Health Police' Maybe I could make him some if you let me have the recipe - I'd be safe from temptation as well!
@Lil there's no recipe; I cheated. I just bought a 2L tub of good vanilla ice cream. I left it out of the freezer for a little while to soften, then added scoops of crunchy peanut butter (it has to be crunchy!) and stirred, and stirred, and stirred (good arm exercise!). Then I popped it back in the freezer for an hour or so and voila - better than the expensive gourmet stuff, I think.

Quantities? (I knew you were going to ask me that). Mmmmm maybe a litre of ice cream to three very generous heaped tablespoons of peanut butter? I start off with just a couple of spoons and keep taste-testing until it's right - but of course you can't do that. Perhaps you could convince your husband to taste test as you go along...
Thank you@Tara25 I'll give it a go :like:
A whole tub of good quality vanilla ice cream but it must have the pod seeds in it, :like:

at least one packet of Jaffa cakes, :razz:

unlimited bars of Fry's orange cream :victory:

One whole bottle of Baileys with lots of ice :cool:

One tin of sweetened condensed milk :starving:

Oh, feeling quite full now, funny how EVERYTHING in my list is sweet so........ :oops:

A whole baking tray of toast potatoes, :razz:

2 or 3 bags of plain salted crisps, :smile:

Another bottle of Baileys to wash it all down and.. :shock: .....no, I am now feeling sick so that will do for now :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
I can easily eat a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's half baked ice cream :oops: love it.

Oreos - a whole pack of them along with milk.

Jaffa cakes.

Chicago Town takeaway pizza / dominos large pizza :bugeyes: not sure if I could still do the dominos now though.

Any big bag of salt and vinegar crisps / tube of pringles.

It's funny how I don't crave these as much anymore now that I know if I want them, I can actually have some (although maybe not sensible to have the whole pack!)
Ballerina wrote: A whole tub of good quality vanilla ice cream but it must have the pod seeds in it, :like:

at least one packet of Jaffa cakes, :razz:

unlimited bars of Fry's orange cream :victory:

One whole bottle of Baileys with lots of ice :cool:

One tin of sweetened condensed milk :starving:

Oh, feeling quite full now, funny how EVERYTHING in my list is sweet so........ :oops:

A whole baking tray of toast potatoes, :razz:

2 or 3 bags of plain salted crisps, :smile:

Another bottle of Baileys to wash it all down and.. :shock: .....no, I am now feeling sick so that will do for now :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:

Serious respect on the Baileys Ballerina. I think I'd prefer the kilo of sprouts :shock:
@Tara25 , recipe please for the 'salted peanut butter icecream'. I had some mid summer at a food festival and another dollop on Sunday at another food festival, I am hooked on the stuff. I don't have an icecream maker though.... Hmmmm Xmas pressie idea.
Ahh I see the recipe. Now wheres my shopping list?

Other peoples suggestions have rattled the memories. A whole tin of sweetened condensed milk, I have been known to growl at family members who try to take it away (imagine me curled up in the corner of the sofa, my hand and arm protectivly curled around a tin of condensed milk and a spoon in the other hand. Really really bad for me). It actually makes me feel nauseous now, but I will still go back after 10 minutes for more spoonfuls.

Fry Turkish delight, the sort covered in chocolate. A bar is easy, gone in a few bites, even though I try to slow down to savour it.

Savoury would be soft cheese, especially soft blue cheese and a packet of mixed biscuits. I have more control now, but an emotional crisis would probably send me to the fridge.

Pizzas, I would be able to eat a full 12" or 14" pizza from a restaurant, now, I can't even manage a 9", so I have a small slice off other members of the family's plates instead.
Thanks to GoLinda for her post; I am just setting myself straight here. I could indeed eat a whole bag of candy corn, also. The smaller one for sure the midsize is probably even a possibility. But, thankfully not the 5lb size we bought at Sam's Club this year. That lasted a couple of weeks at least.
54 posts Page 4 of 4