The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 4 of 4
I didn't see this thread in time to take the dare, but given how high my post-fast weight was this am, that's probably a good thing. I've got 1.8kg to lose before I start maintenance. I hope it comes off as fast as it went on.
Me too - put on 3lb since last weigh in on 7 Dec - but suspect this is because of my job situation, as well as xmas ... Pleased it's only 3lb!
I gritted my teeth and got on the scales this morning for the first time since Christmas - 68.3. Which is dire. Hard to compare, as my weight was fluctuating so much in Jan, but its 3kg higher than the last weight I recorded on tracker.

So fasting today with knobs on.
Great start to your blogging @Minumonline!
Hello all and Happy 2014!

I've been awol from here over Christmas as been away and seeing to the serious business of eating, tv-watching and slobbing, balanced with some good steep walks and 2 half-hearted fasts. One was on 22nd dec after 4 christmassy meals in 3 days - definitely ate over 500cals but nothing till dinner, and I even fasted on new years eve - we weren't out so I just fasted during the day, had a 'healthy' pasta dinner and then a few snacky nuts & crackers in the evening so not a proper fast either time but enough to help the belly subside and it felt good to feel a bit lighter.

Looking forward to starting 2014 without the 'I must diet' mindset - I've put on 3-4lb (or just 1 - depends on what day I weigh) and was pretty much where I wanted to be anyway. I had been doing 2 fasts a week up to Christmas and not losing, mainly because I ate too much in between and was probably going over on fast days. I might tighten the fasts up a bit in January to shift the extra few pounds but not sweating it and will join the gym as I work for our local council and they're doing a good deal.

Not eaten yet today as had a day full of lovely food yesterday although I'm starting to think about the port & stilton crisps again...
I hadn't seen this thread but I did weigh myself last Saturday morning, came home on Friday which wasn't a fast day, & found that I had gained 4 lbs. so I looked forward to my fast on last Monday & did weigh myself the morning after & had lost 3 lbs so I suspect fluid retention from too many carbs. But since then because of having guests for lunch yesterday ate pasta, seafood nibbles, panna cotta & cheese & cream plus wine so my Friday fast will be much needed. :wink:
I'm fasting today but weighed myself this morning even though tomorrow is my official day. I'm up 4lbs but hoping to see a lower weight for the tracker tomorrow morning!
52 posts Page 4 of 4