The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

155 posts Page 3 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
Re: THE HAIRY TENT!
21 Mar 2014, 12:09
I found their chicken tagine on their website and used preserved lemons I'd made from last year's batch. Delicious! I used chicken thighs instead of a whole chicken, served with a large quantity of greens beans and roasted sweet potatoes. My daughter had couscous and all leftovers made a great salad for today's lunch.

Our library had several of their books so I grabbed 'the best off'. Looking forward to adding some of theirs to my fast day recipes as I am getting bored with the Mexican pizza from the original 5:2 book. It has helped us to lose so I can't complain.
21 Mar 2014, 12:44
I am not much of a cook but beginning to think that getting these guys books might be a good move! X
21 Mar 2014, 19:56
Oh blow! Just lost my message...yawn!

Anyway, I noticed people like the chicken tagine so might try that some time :confused:

Today I made the .hairy beef lasagne, coming in at 354 cals per portion (serves 6 so will freeze a couple of portions). Taste was good, but maybe needed a bit more salt or pepper or something like that. Quite fiddly to make...but filling (great for us fasters!)

Bean's verdict: :like: :like: :like:
21 Mar 2014, 20:01
Ha. Don't you just love predictive text. Chicken tagging, or chucking tagline (my first attempt). Doesn't predictive text understand chicken tagine? I made it tonight when I got home and to break my fast. Wonderful :heart:
21 Mar 2014, 20:09
rawkaren wrote: Ha. Don't you just love predictive text. Chicken tagging, or chucking tagline (my first attempt). Doesn't predictive text understand chicken tagine? I made it tonight when I got home and to break my fast. Wonderful :heart:

Yes I was emailing pics of our ducks from my phone on the pond at work and nearly replaced the D with a F as they're next to each other and I was in a hurry. :shock:
23 Mar 2014, 07:00
:like: Love this thread! Thanks for starting it.
I must get their second book, the first one very rarely gets put back on the shelf, it is used so often. :heart:
I often found lunches to be a problem but the HD's potato, leak and onion pasties work well, I make a batch and freeze them in their raw state, they take about 35 min to cook from frozen, which you can do the night/day before. They taste better cold, plus you can add spices to alter the flavours, eg paprika. :smile:
23 Mar 2014, 07:56
Aw wow I love your name @Little Boo reminds me of my darling cat, Mr Boo. He was a little character!

Thanks for the advice on the pasties. Freezing them sounds good so you've then got something for the next day. I'll have to investigate!

Bean :smile:
23 Mar 2014, 08:59
Just looking to buy hairy diet book and there's two, which one should I get or do I need both. And should I buy books or download to my kindle app. ?
Making the filo tarts later.
23 Mar 2014, 09:48
I've got both on my kindle app. We love the sticky chicken at the minute. We make it with fish too. Nice with Pennys celeriac remoulade and some salad
23 Mar 2014, 09:56
:grin: :grin: I've got both books and probably use them more than any of my other many cookery books. Their recipes are so easy to follow and I love the fact that there is a photo of the finished dish so you have something approximately to aim for! Highly (hairily!) recommended! :grin: :grin:
23 Mar 2014, 10:55
I always go for books over kindle. I have both books as well - I think they are equally good but you don't NEED both. Get either one first and see how you get on with it
23 Mar 2014, 13:58
I've sown the seed with daughter. It's Mother's Day soon. :oops: :like:
For now I will look on line.
23 Mar 2014, 14:05
I've just seen the yellow one for £7 in Tescos
23 Mar 2014, 14:13
I do try to be good and plan the dinners for the week ahead and shop accordingly and I get the most of the recipes at ICA.se (Swedish food chain). But today i got the Hairy Biker's (the yellow one) and some post-it notes and marked five different ones. Might use one for today and the rest for M-T.
And no wine during these days either :shock:
23 Mar 2014, 14:28
Good plan @Wolfie :grin:

Am planning to cook the flan tomorrow ready for my evening fast meal. Look forward to seeing what yours looks like Oatesy!

Bean :bugeyes:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
155 posts Page 3 of 11