The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

155 posts Page 4 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11 Next
Re: THE HAIRY TENT!
23 Mar 2014, 16:43
image.jpg
Hairy flan.

My first hairy recipe. I tried doing 4 small ones but the Yorkshire pudding tin was too small. So I made 4 small knees and a medium one. Swapped onion for leek as we've got loads left over.
23 Mar 2014, 19:00
I like the sound of 4 small knees @carieoates. Can you come over and make my knees small please?
24 Mar 2014, 07:11
PennyForthem wrote: I like the sound of 4 small knees @carieoates. Can you come over and make my knees small please?

Gawd.....yes I could have a go for you @pennyforthem. :grin: :grin: :grin:
24 Mar 2014, 18:04
Just lost my post again...what's happening?! :shock:

Anyway, just made the Hairy egg, bacon and asparagus flan. Deeelishious :wink:

Bean's verdict: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Easy to make and very tasty (although I would have preferred to have it on a feast day...so I could,have more! :grin: )

Bean :starving:
24 Mar 2014, 18:07
Made the Beef Stroganoff (but forgot to take a pic) and spiced it up a bit = delicious! it all went, John got the most since he certainly don't need to much low cal ;) And The DH and me had almost no rice.

Think I will do the meatloaf tomorrow.
24 Mar 2014, 18:22
Oh shame there's no photo @Wolfie. So, you'd recommend the stroganoff? Is it easy to make? I liked the meatloaf but just make sure you season it well. I felt it lacked a bit of oomph but the sauce was lovely and spicy!

Enjoy xx

24 Mar 2014, 18:38
nursebean wrote: Oh shame there's no photo @Wolfie. So, you'd recommend the stroganoff? Is it easy to make? I liked the meatloaf but just make sure you season it well. I felt it lacked a bit of oomph but the sauce was lovely and spicy!

Enjoy xx

Yup, it's easy to do but as I said I spiced it up: chili powder (not hot), sweet paprika powder, Chili Explosion (St.Maria spice brand) really a lot of fresh ground black pepper and some raw suger (yeah horror - heh?). Instead of a cube, I used Fond du Chef Beef. Take care with adding salt due to the stock cube/Fond du Chef. :like:

I don't think I have come across a recipe that I haven't spiced up one way or the other :wink:
24 Mar 2014, 19:34
If Penny's having two of the small knees @carieoates may i have the other two..i have fat knock knees so i am a desperate case! X :confused:
24 Mar 2014, 20:11
The flan looks really nice - haven't done that one yet. Lots of asparagus around at the moment so may give it a try. Looks like it would be nice with some salad
24 Mar 2014, 21:00
Yes @Lil I had it with salad. I got asparagus spears...saves throwing away the stalks :wink:

25 Mar 2014, 07:19
CandiceMarie wrote: If Penny's having two of the small knees @carieoates may i have the other two..i have fat knock knees so i am a desperate case! X :confused:

Yes I'm happy to start a new line in small knees. Will send out an Application form in the post.
@Candicemarie and @pennyforthem
25 Mar 2014, 07:27
Wolfie wrote: Made the Beef Stroganoff (but forgot to take a pic) and spiced it up a bit = delicious! it all went, John got the most since he certainly don't need to much low cal ;) And The DH and me had almost no rice.

@Wolfie

What spices did you add ? I have made this but found it a bit bland.
25 Mar 2014, 07:28
nursebean wrote: Just lost my post again...what's happening?! :shock:

Anyway, just made the Hairy egg, bacon and asparagus flan. Deeelishious :wink:

Bean's verdict: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Easy to make and very tasty (although I would have preferred to have it on a feast day...so I could,have more! :grin: )

@nursebean
Looks very, very nice. My daughter liked it too, she's actually had more than me.
What's next Beany?
25 Mar 2014, 07:32
Minigill wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Made the Beef Stroganoff (but forgot to take a pic) and spiced it up a bit = delicious! it all went, John got the most since he certainly don't need to much low cal ;) And The DH and me had almost no rice.

@Wolfie

What spices did you add ? I have made this but found it a bit bland.

Look at the 5th (or is it 6th??) post above where I listed what I added. Made all the difference :) You can even add a dash of Tabasco or pinch of Cayenne powder. We like it hot!
25 Mar 2014, 07:53
Ladies

Just seen this thread so forgive me if this question has already been asked but which book are these recipes actually from ? They all look really yummy :grin:

Looking to get this book at the weekend.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11 Next
155 posts Page 4 of 11