The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

155 posts Page 5 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11 Next
Re: THE HAIRY TENT!
25 Mar 2014, 08:15
@muftanza 'The Hairy Dieters' and 'The Hairy Dieters eat for life'.
25 Mar 2014, 08:42
Wolfie wrote:
Minigill wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Made the Beef Stroganoff (but forgot to take a pic) and spiced it up a bit = delicious! it all went, John got the most since he certainly don't need to much low cal ;) And The DH and me had almost no rice.

Think I will do the meatloaf tomorrow.

@Wolfie

What spices did you add ? I have made this but found it a bit bland.

Look at the 5th (or is it 6th??) post above where I listed what I added. Made all the difference :) You can even add a dash of Tabasco or pinch of Cayenne powder. We like it hot!

Ah sorry for not looking further :)

I can't view the forum at work as it's blocked and I really need iPad size for a phone to view :grin: I just read the last couple of posts on my phone :oops: Age related!

Will try it again with spices :like:
25 Mar 2014, 09:56
My book arrived yesterday. I can't wait to make the burgers.
26 Mar 2014, 07:58
I made the Special cassoulet (from the 'white' book) for hub last night, but sausages, chicken and gammon, together with cannellini beans AND butter beans, seemed overkill (I know their recipe serves 6).
I cut out chicken, butterbeans the wine, and sugar and he pronounced it 'excellent'!! I've had to write out my recipe so I can recreate it again!
I 'jazzed' it up with smoked paprika, caraway seeds, bay leaves and oregano.
26 Mar 2014, 08:12
OK, so now I have edited this post four times - simply must have got it right this time :shock: Made the Chicken Provençal from the yellow book last evening and lookie lookie - pictures :victory:
Made fried potatoes in the air fryer, my boys jus love 'em and they are extremely low fat too.
The whole dish was polished of, except for some zucchini and pepper since Johns say "veggies are isch". ;)
bild 2-3.JPG
My serving
bild 1-3.JPG
The whole casserole
26 Mar 2014, 08:30
Mmmm, just been looking at this, @wolfie. Think I might make it later and fridge it to eat on Friday.
26 Mar 2014, 08:55
I've made the cassoulet too PennyForthem but omitted the gammon as I thought it was an excessive amount of meat. Also oven cooked the sausages first to extract and discard as much fat as possible from them and to brown them as I can't stand insipid looking bangers!
26 Mar 2014, 09:00
Forgot to mention that the Chicken Provençal needs to be spiced up, as well as every other recipe I used. That is - if you like spice food. The DH sais; I like it hot - your kind of hot. Quote from the Wild Hogs film :D
26 Mar 2014, 09:19
callyanna wrote: I've made the cassoulet too PennyForthem but omitted the gammon as I thought it was an excessive amount of meat. Also oven cooked the sausages first to extract and discard as much fat as possible from them and to brown them as I can't stand insipid looking bangers!

Yes, I know what you mean, callyanna. I put the bangers in the Foreman grill first! Also had a small bit of gammon left, so added that. It won't be made with gammon again, unless there are leftovers!!
26 Mar 2014, 09:21
MMMMM love the photos @Wolfie! shame I looked at it on a fast day. Mind you, its only morning so I shouldn't really be hungry should I?!!

It looks as though a common theme with the Hairy two is their lack of spiciness. I'm surprised, as they are always on about how they like their food spicy...and yet we seem to have to add spices to get more of a kick.

Anyway, just thought I'd show my fizogg in here. Not much else to say really, just admiring the food.

Ooh don't forget...Masterchef is on tonight...hoorah!!

Bean :starving:
26 Mar 2014, 09:34
nursebean wrote:
Ooh don't forget...Masterchef is on tonight...hoorah!!

What channel? Wonder if I can get it here...they only show shows from several years back here - when they show...Saw that they have started to send Revenge in the USA :(
Blaha for Swedish television!! :cry:
26 Mar 2014, 09:59
I can't remember if its BBC1 or BBC2...BBC anyway :confused:

Is Revenge worth watching then? I currently have Netflix US so I'm guessing it'll be on there if its any good.

26 Mar 2014, 10:38
nursebean wrote: I can't remember if its BBC1 or BBC2...BBC anyway :confused:

Is Revenge worth watching then? I currently have Netflix US so I'm guessing it'll be on there if its any good.

IMHO Revenge is soooo worth watching. That is if you liked the 80th-90th series like Dynasty and Falcon Crest. Full of deviousness and quick turn of events. First series that I have been totally in to in ages :) Sadly, I seem to have to wait for the new season since I'm too cheap to pay for Netflix ;o
26 Mar 2014, 11:51
Thanks for that @Wolfie I'll search it out.

By the way...have you seen Breaking Bad? Sorry if I go on. I may have mentioned this before :shock:

26 Mar 2014, 12:59
nursebean wrote: Thanks for that @Wolfie I'll search it out.

By the way...have you seen Breaking Bad? Sorry if I go on. I may have mentioned this before :shock:

I read the intro and got turned of. Maybe I have to give it a chance and at least watch the first episode :wink:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11 Next
155 posts Page 5 of 11