The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Side Effect..? Back Pain
28 Aug 2013, 10:05
Hey everyone,

So 3 weeks ago I started getting severe back pain - Im talking like waking up in agony type of pain with very sleepless nights!

Its only really occurring in the early hours of the morning until I get up - as I start getting active and get it warmed up it comes "mostly" right.

To start with I thought I had just tweaked it slightly during my sleep and so went and saw my local Chiropractor (he is amazing he has training in Chiropractor as well as Osteopath and Physio) After the first session I felt wonderful, he wanted me to follow up with 3 more visits over 2 weeks. At the second visit I still felt fine but just before the third visit my back started killing me again.

I had my third visit and am due back there in two days but since that visit its still pretty damn sore.

He mentioned during my last visit that he was really surprised that my body hadn't repaired it self over this period especially if I wasn't doing anything different to aggravate it.

It just hit me tonight that this started 2 weeks after starting 5.2 The week after my first two visits I was away traveling for work and therefore I ended up gaining rather than losing due to takeaway living. The night it started getting sore again was the day after another fast day where I lost close to 500gram and now I have lost another kilo taking myself to just on what I was weighing before the work trip.

Could it be possible the rapid weight loss is playing havoc on my body structure and therefore my back is left to try and compensate in ways its not use too?

When I say Rapid I am averaging about 1KG a week.

Would really appreciate anyone else's experience or knowledge on this one...
Re: Side Effect..? Back Pain
28 Aug 2013, 10:42
Hi, sorry to hear you are struggling with your back...it really is most debilitating to have back trouble.

I've not experienced any problems but I spotted this thread: topic6579.html posted by @gillymary about back pain with fasting.
Re: Side Effect..? Back Pain
28 Aug 2013, 10:58
Hi @TBrewerton I have experienced back pain on several fast days. They were the days when I knew I had successfully fasted and was loosing weight. I also when I was liquid fasting got severe headaches. I try to really keep very well hydrated which worked with the headaches. My back pain was over the liver area and there was a post which I will find that had a link to a guy who did a 40 day fast (it's an article with a link you can find in simcoeluv's post to newbys, I think), anyway the fasting guy he had severe back pain. I wondered if the back pain related to detoxifying.

If you find anything out please link me in as I am very keen to understand the phenomena I have back issues so am not surprised to have pain but it definitely links to fasting.
3 posts Page 1 of 1