The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

49 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Hair Loss?
19 Aug 2014, 15:42
thank you for replying. I read this whole thread and had wondered how you were doing. I'm glad you are doing better now.

I sometimes wonder if I need to step back from fasting. My sister is adamant that it should not affect me, but I wonder.

Anyway, thanks again and let's soldier on together!
19 Aug 2014, 16:26
It is possible that zinc, copper and iron levels can affect hair growth after weight loss as well as vitamin D and B12: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24887725
19 Aug 2014, 16:44
Thanks, Carolyn. I think I will seek out one of those skin-hair-nails supplements, as those contain zinc, copper, and iron (I think), as well as the B vitamins. I looked at them the other day and decided against buying it because I was already taking biotin and B12. If I get one of those multi-supplements, I suppose I should stop taking the individual ones, as well, right?
19 Aug 2014, 21:12
Here is the other thread on hair loss and skin and nails just to bring all the helpful info together

5-2-diet-chat-f6/skin-hair-nails-help-t10346-45.html#p186879

To update I am not as anxious about my period of hair loss earlier in the year. It may a have been a confluence of things to blame from the year before stress, anaesthetics, hormonal changes with age & fasting but one thing it has never happened to me before.

Got bored taking the supplements now just aim for a good diet of fresh veg, fruit, nuts, good fats, dairy, lentils beans and minimal beef and lamb for a protein hit. I took the pedal off and fast as per scales to maintain steady weight. Less than what I had idealised and that seems to have helped.

I do tend to check out other peoples hair lines more and I do notice there are heaps of women with thinner hair at their temples. Another one of life's experiences. I love having and keeping my hair long.
49 posts Page 4 of 4