The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

187 posts Page 10 of 13
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Re: BEAN'S FILM AND TV!
20 Apr 2014, 13:18
Pauline calf is brilliant. Did you see the wedding special he did quite a few years ago. I have the Alan Partridge DVD's. The bit with the foot on the spike has the whole family in hysterics and the Dan episode is comic genius.
20 Apr 2014, 14:23
Ohh @Brand-ie youre so on the same wavelength as me and DD and SIL
We often do the " Dan" scene...comic genius indeed! and the spike scene was great!
Wedding special..did that feature "Other Pauline"? She liked herbal teas which Pauls mum didnt have so gave her a glass of water with a slice of apple in it!
Other fave bits..any where he's staying in the motel :grin:
So many funny moments in SC' s career! :lol: x
21 Apr 2014, 07:09
Have you read the book? Very funny. My BIL is called Dan so you can imagine the fun we have with that.

Just seen Episodes is back on BBC 2 soon. Love that as well.

Did anyone else watch the BBC2 quiz thingy last night. Funny and nostalgic.
21 Apr 2014, 10:10
Hmm don't know what you two are talking about :confused:

Did anyone watch Fargo last night? Apparently they've made a tv series out of the Cohen Bros. Film. I haven't seen it yet but I've got it recorded :cool:

Bean :starving:
21 Apr 2014, 17:30
Just about to watch Endeavour recorded from last night. This is a brilliant series that follows a young Morse as he investigates various murders in Oxford. I just love Oxford and it's filmed beautifully. I wasn't sure I wanted anyone to play Morse but it actually works very well and Shaun Evans has John Thaw's mannerisms down to a fine art. If you missed the series then I highly recommend you watch it on ITV Player

Bean :geek:
21 Apr 2014, 20:29
I DID see Fargo @nursebean very good,as is Fargo the film.well worth seeing x
24 Apr 2014, 16:05
Well I actually managed to watch Fargo last night...with my folks (as you can imagine, Candy, one scene was quite excruciating!. Anyway, I thought it was excellent, very amusing in places. It definitely has the Coen Brothers' input (I see they're exec producers). I really like Martin Freeman and have done since I saw him in The Office. His comic timing is perfect. I wasn't sure I'd like him having an American accent when I know he's English...but I think it's really good.

Yes, Candy, I did see Fargo the film. Am I right in thinking William H Macey was Martin Freeman's character? And that the policewoman was pregnant? Anyway, .i just wanted to say hoe much I'm enjoying it. It is a Bean Recommendation! :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Bean :bugeyes:
24 Apr 2014, 19:16
Glad you enjoyed it..apart from the embarrassment Beanie! :oops:
i think Martin F is playing his part brilliantly and Billy Bob is fab as usual.
I read that the series is same as film in atmosphere, style, and location only, with more quirky characters and a new storyline
I ve seen the film twice but ages ago and cant remember all the details now except i thought it was great,like all Coen stuff x need to watch the film again now!
Carie, so the strip shows youre in ketosis? I.e., fat burning? And thats coz youre low carbing? X
06 May 2014, 19:21
Has anyone bean watching Prey on ITV Monday nights? It stars John Sim and is actually very good. Final episode next week.

I've also recorded Hinterland. Is anyone watching this, only I missed the first episode so wonder whether I'll be able to watch the rest without having seen the first...if that makes sense!

Am still enjoying The Trip to Italy. If you haven't seen this yet I'm sure you'll be able to catch it on the iPlayer. Steve and Rob are most amusing...and so English!

I think I've still got another episode of Fargo to see, so looking forward to that.

Right, better go and see what's on tv now. I think its the end of Holby City and then a new series called "Happy Valley". Hmm,not sure what I think of that!

This is Square Eyes signing out...

:bugeyes:
06 May 2014, 19:28
Goodnight Square Eyes! :lol:
I' m going to watch Mr Drews School for Boys! X
Not much on tonight for me...wish i'd started watching Prey x
10 May 2014, 21:53
Re: Fargo the movie - William H. Macy is the husband who hires the killers and yes, the policewoman was very pregnant! It's one of those movies that had to grow on me. Didn't like it the first time, but now it's a classic!
11 May 2014, 07:56
Oh the Coen Bros. We're brilliant in their hey day. This series of Fargo still has their dark sense of humour. I've still got another episode to see yet, but it's all good stuff!

I thought Hinterland was foreign but turns out it's set in Wales and subtitles are used occasionally. Not sure what I think of it. I prefer Vera!

Did anyone watch the Eurovision last night? Can't believe I sat through it all. Having said that, the songs were a lot better this year...either that or I'm just getting old :confused:

Big day for football today. Can Man City screw up and allow Liverpool to win? Only time will tell

Bean :geek:
11 May 2014, 17:39
Ooh @nursebean youve just reminded me..i think Fargo's on tonight
How you feeling Beano..i feel absolutely dreadful today :confused:
Overcoat time plus spaced out dizzy head :curse:
Hope youre doing better than me and hope you enjoyed yr lunch x
11 May 2014, 19:56
Prey has been brilliant but then I am a big JS fan. I watched the first episode only of Happy Valley and it really didn't peak my interest I watched Mr drew instead which has been good.
There is a look at BBC 2 comedy on in a minute so I shall watch that.
11 May 2014, 21:30
:sleepy: Popping in before bed time. Ooh I saw Coen bros Inside Llewyn Davis yesterday. Anyone seen it? I'd like to watch again and I don't say that often. :sleepy:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
187 posts Page 10 of 13