The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

187 posts Page 9 of 13
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Re: BEAN'S FILM AND TV!
18 Apr 2014, 20:20
Talking on other threads about childhood things always reminds me of childhood tv
I watched, with an extra soundtrack from my nan,sitting next to me..who was always either -
Clinking her rosary beads as she did decades of the rosary..
Rustling sweet papers from the sweets n chocs she kept stuffed down the side of " her" chair so she didnt have to offer us one..
Whispering noises as she read to herself but half aloud all the nightly Deaths in the local paper :razz:

PS she was convinced Mr Ed cdnt be a real horse " because he could speak!" :lol:
19 Apr 2014, 07:31
Ha ha that's very amusing Candy! I didn't have that problem. However, when I was 16 ( :oops: ) I was obsessed with The A Team and just LOVED Dwight Schultz who played Howling Mad Murdock! Anyway, we didn't have a video recorder in those days so instead I used to tape the episodes in my cassette player. Everyone had to be really quiet!! I feel so embarrassed when I watch The Apprentice and see what 16 year-olds are doing those days...making their millions not watching The A-Team!!

Bean :bugeyes:
19 Apr 2014, 07:53
WE watched the A-Team remake film last weekend and it was ok. When they went to get "Mad dog" out of the pysch ward they showed a film starring Reg Barclay. :)
19 Apr 2014, 10:46
I watched American Hustle on the flight over this week. Fabulous production values, the clothes, the music, the cars, the acting. Go and rent it on DVD when it comes out. :like:
19 Apr 2014, 11:41
Revenge?? Anyone know a good place online where I can watch it for free? Here my fav place show only until Season3Epi13... get these treading notes on FB and this is the one serie I truly like...

We watched The Worlds End last week and honestly (even though I do find their sense of humor juvenile most of the time) I laughed so hard at times that I almost fell of the couch.

Among others, this week we watched The last King of Scotland. A film that I though was right about a king, but turned out to be really :like: really good.
19 Apr 2014, 17:54
Hmm American Hustle? Is that starring Christian Bale?

Not heard of the other things mentioned. Comedy-wise I used to enjoy Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, House and now I'm enjoying The Trip to Italy with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon...very amusing!

Just seen the second part of the Johnnie Warricker trilogy with Bill Nighy. The first two were great, if a little confusing at times. Now I've got the third one "Salt on the Battlefield" I think it's called.

Yesterday I watched the second episode of The Wire. I think I'm getting in to it now :confused:

Bean :geek:
19 Apr 2014, 18:00
Bill Nighy! Where??
I love him,saw him in Lpool city centre once...he oozed charisma!
Whats this johnny wannicker thing Beano? Tell me more ...
19 Apr 2014, 18:06
Oh if you like Biill Nighy, Candy, you'll LOVE this trilogy. The first one is Page Eight. I got it for £5 on Amazon. The next one is "Turks & Caicos" and then the third one as I mentioned. I really think you'd like it.

Did you like Bill Nighy in Love Actually?

Bean :confused:
19 Apr 2014, 18:39
Love Actually is a brilliant film never fails to cheer me up. I watched State of Play series for the first time last week (yes all 6 episodes) it was really good but then I think John Sims is awesome.
19 Apr 2014, 18:47
I love Bill Nighy in anything,Bean ,but have to admit,despite the fact its bean on tv trillions of times, i havent seen Love Actually from beginning to end! :lol:
19 Apr 2014, 18:49
Ah bean why the sad face,its nearly choccychoccychoccy time! :lol:
@Brand-ie sorry havent watched LA right thru yet but i trust yr taste ( you got me onto Brooklyn 99) so next time its on telly,i promise to watch! X
19 Apr 2014, 21:00
What?!! :shock: :shock: how can you love Bill Nighy but not seen Love Actually?!

Bean :shock:

Not sure I've seen State of Play. I'm guessing it's good then? I think John Sims is going to be in a new series called "Prey". Don't know what it's about or anything but the trailer looks good :smile:
20 Apr 2014, 07:57
I know@nursebean...Bill is furious with me! :lol:
Ive told Brand- ie i will watch from beginning to end next time its on tv.
Ive made Bill a pinky promise! X
20 Apr 2014, 09:23
Seen the trailers for Prey so will probably watch it when it's on.
We watched Alan Partridge Alpha Papa last night. It was very funny.
20 Apr 2014, 12:28
@brand-ie love Steve C in all his alter egos! And as a straight actor..
My fave's Paul/ Pauline Calf! : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
187 posts Page 9 of 13