The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 79 of 134
Previous 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
15 Jan 2014, 20:24
Phew I have been out of circulation for 10days (away skiing)it has taken me hours to read all I have missed and not at the end of it yet. so much has happened that I can't comment on things that are passed.@Wildmissus I am sorry to hear your news, I am sure the Doctor will be able to come up with a suitable treatment. It's great that you have lost the unwanted weight and that you will be starting the treatment at a healthy weight. Hope all goes well. :clover: :heart:
15 Jan 2014, 20:27
Azureblue wrote: Well that was a VERY busy 24 hours! Had two grandsons over night last night and handed over to their nana this evening. We are cream crackered. I get to nurse their dad tomorrow (post-op) should be much easier :0)
No idea what I've been eating, tried to keep it low sugar/gluten-free but who knows, there were carbs consumed for sure.
I need sleep. Now.

Sounds like it's wineoclock first!
15 Jan 2014, 20:39
@Debs congrats on the award, it's nice you are being acknowledged.
@PennyFortham, always Wineoclock here!!
Heading for 37 degrees today. Quick trip to the shops then home to the airconditioner.
15 Jan 2014, 21:15
:like: I'm a bit late checking into this thread today, don't know where the time goes! Since retiring I wonder how I ever managed to work full time, run a household, cook, shop etc! My days seem to be just as full without work!
Belated congrats to debs, well deserved award to a very plucky lady.
wildmissus, sorry to hear of your health concerns and hope it's soon sorted.
rawkaren
and Silverdarling , hope you have a lovely meet up tomorrow (visa permitting!). I'm sure we all wish we could be there with you so SD you'll have to give Karen a good send off on our behalf! x :grin:
15 Jan 2014, 21:20
Yes, @silverdarling make sure she gets on that plane will you, or there'll be no living with @rawkaren!
15 Jan 2014, 21:25
We have gone through the tracker, so please welcome @Woodworker to the forum.
I'll have to watch my p's and q's now, ladies......
15 Jan 2014, 22:01
@Manderley most phones these days do everything you want. It's getting to be very hard to find a phone that is just a phone. Its a shame you don't live in the UK anymore. There is a fantastic company that buys and sells electronics, DVD's and games for a reasonable price (well you don't feel as if you have been ripped off too much anyway) and then sells them on again. Its called CEX . Its where hubby and youngest got their phones from, for about 25% of the new retail price. That's given me an idea for a birthday present for my eldest, a decent secondhand phone.

I am waiting, with bated breathe, for the penny to drop in the 'Getting to know you thread. I have had no comments about my hobby yet. I guess most people are just scanning and assume that they misread when they see the words wooden dildo's.
15 Jan 2014, 22:07
Julieathome wrote: I am waiting, with bated breathe, for the penny to drop in the 'Getting to know you thread. I have had no comments about my hobby yet. I guess most people are just scanning and assume that they misread when they see the words wooden dildo's.

Well, lots of us are unfazed as we know you already, @Julieathome! After reading your recent home improvement posts, though, I'm thinking you should write a book.
"Better Homes, Gardens, Sheds and Boudoirs" ???
15 Jan 2014, 22:11
My front porch is getting a mini makeover in a couple of days. I have ordered more stickers for it. As the prch is already a pale lemon yellow with windows to 2 sides, I am having a selection of red, orange and yellow butterflies all over the glass and a few up the walls, just to cheer it up.

As for my particular hobby, the new members won't have heard about it.
15 Jan 2014, 22:55
wendyjane wrote:
Julieathome wrote: I am waiting, with bated breathe, for the penny to drop in the 'Getting to know you thread. I have had no comments about my hobby yet. I guess most people are just scanning and assume that they misread when they see the words wooden dildo's.

Well, lots of us are unfazed as we know you already, @Julieathome! After reading your recent home improvement posts, though, I'm thinking you should write a book.
"Better Homes, Gardens, Sheds and Boudoirs" ???

Yeh @Julieathome we've had time to get used to it but newer members are possibly reeling! :shock:

@PennyForthem is Woodworker really Mr Penny? Welcome welcome whoever you are WW! X
Psst penny if it IS Hubzzzz,you better not mention Kilted Sausage PorkScratching Man any more :lol:

@rawkaren hope your post arrives safely and @Silverdarling please give her a massive hug from all of us xxx
15 Jan 2014, 23:23
Julieathome wrote: @Manderley most phones these days do everything you want. It's getting to be very hard to find a phone that is just a phone. Its a shame you don't live in the UK anymore. There is a fantastic company that buys and sells electronics, DVD's and games for a reasonable price (well you don't feel as if you have been ripped off too much anyway) and then sells them on again. Its called CEX . Its where hubby and youngest got their phones from, for about 25% of the new retail price. That's given me an idea for a birthday present for my eldest, a decent secondhand phone.

I am waiting, with bated breathe, for the penny to drop in the 'Getting to know you thread. I have had no comments about my hobby yet. I guess most people are just scanning and assume that they misread when they see the words wooden dildo's.

I bet all newbies are being polite @julieathome. I still can't help laughing though every time you remind us :lol:
15 Jan 2014, 23:59
Just seen the trailer for "My Baggy Body" - C4 on Monday - frightening!
16 Jan 2014, 00:01
A total change of subject, but these photo's have to be the most idylic photo's I've ever seen.

http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-childr ... shumilova/
16 Jan 2014, 00:46
The photos are so beautiful @Julieathome!:-) In regards to the colour you choose for your kitchen- maybe condider very very pale grey. I have just yesterday finished painting the whole house. Yay! We looked on line at the Wattyl (a paint brand) and it helps you work out what colour will match with your other colours already present. We needed something to match the woodwork on the doors and window frames which was a dark mission brown. And dark grey slate floor and it came up with ‘ash rose' which is a very pale grey. We we did a sample we werent too sure but now it looks fantastic-so fresh and modern. We got latte/cappuccino cloured curtains assuggested by wattyl and all 3 colurs match perfectly.I really wanted to get away from whites and creams. Not sure if it would suit you but just a thought.:-)
Xxx julianna
16 Jan 2014, 00:49
My doors and all the woodwork, except for the cupboards is white, the tiling is a mottled beige, the worktop is a dark grey. Basically a bland, will suit anyone moving in, colour palette.
I've just looked it up and will have a browse.

I will either have to go for a solid chunk of red or a lightish green or as you say a pale grey of some kind. Or paint my tiles a contrasting colour. Or, change my tiles AND cupboard doors (which I can't afford). Why, oh why, did they mix grey and mid brown fake wood effect doors?
Previous 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 79 of 134